There are many reasons why I don't actually consider myself to be a "blogger". I just keep this blog for fun, and for my extended family whom I rarely communicate with otherwise (but would if we lived in the same region of the country).
Why I don't consider myself a blogger:
1) It's too much work. I just post when I feel like it, and don't when I don't. Keeping up every day, or week, is sometimes just too much for me.
2) or maybe this is 1....It's not a priority. It's really on the lowest portion of my priority list, so if I don't get around to it each week (or month), I don't really care. Maybe that's because I'm not blogging for "fans" or numbers, or comments or stats....or anything like that.
3) I'm not at all "blog savvy". Sure, I know how to make a post, link to another post, add some pictures, etc...but when people start having link parties, or round-ups, or highlights or.....whatever other networking tools you're "suppose to" use in blogs, I tune out. Plus, I realize, that there are better blog sites out there, but I'm still on Blogger, because.....well reason number 4...
4) Not enough time. Which also correlates to it not being a priority. If it was a priority I'm sure I would make time, but it's not, so I don't have enough for it! Especially not enough time to switch everything over to a different site completely. (Btw, that sounds like HOURS or DAYS or WEEKS of work to me. If it isn't? Let me know, and I'll get started ;)).
5) I have no blog etiquette. I think there's a pretty vague etiquette to follow for blogging, but there definitely is one, and I'm pretty sure I don't follow it. I don't comment on peoples blogs, unless I happen to feel like it. I don't respond to comments sometimes, because I don't see them (that's part of the whole not switching thing, and blogger has my old email which I do not check, and I have found no way to change the email notifications). I try to link to someone elses blog when I site them, or use their ideas, but sometimes I forget. I'm also not a good writer, and I'm fairly certain that there should be a text limit in simple blog posts (like this one), but if there was, I would exceed it. Over and over.
6) I don't get excited about posts. I really don't. I mean....I do enjoy writing them, but it's more like writing in a little journal or something. It doesn't make me excited to post them, I don't get giddy if someone comments, I rarely even go back to previous posts unless I am looking for something specific (or if I just want to reminisce on the past few years of my life).
So why DO I blog, you may ask? There isn't really a great answer, except I like writing my thoughts down. I need to, actually. I'm a list maker, and a note taker. If I don't write it down somewhere, I often forget it. That's why this blog is very random, and sometimes I post about the same thing for weeks on end, and sometimes there will be a random recipe or thoughtful post...because this is the place I write down my thoughts, sometimes feelings, and what's going on in our little families life. So, to some more savvy bloggers who follow me (which may only be 2 or 3), my posts may be like reading a boring fiction from an awful, illiterate author; it may drive you crazy a little. But, that's just how it's going to be, yo! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't find your blog boring ;)
ReplyDelete