I have so many feelings and emotions about moving out of Georgia. This is my "home". Home is a term used by Army families in year to year increments. You know, home is here for now, until the Army moves us again. Well, for us (other than Oregon, where we are both from), this IS home. Sean moved here in May of 2007. We got married in October of 2007, I moved here at the end of November and we've lived here ever since. It was Sean's first duty station, my first move (out of my parents, ever!), and our first home as a married couple. This is where we started our lives together. This is where our first three and a half years of marriage took place. This is home. So....moving will be very sad in that aspect.
However, I can't say that I'm not excited at all. I get that excitement feeling when I think about the "newness" South Carolina will bring. Since moving to Georgia, we've visited quite a few places in the vicinity. We've done a lot here and taken full advantage of what GA has to offer. We've visited Savannah, Tybee Island, Atlanta (World of Coke, Aquarium, Six Flags, etc.), North GA Mountains, Helen, and I've been to Nashville several times.We've also driven to Montgomery, Birmingham, Panama City Beach and Jackson, TN (to Sean's uncles house and river house). The location of Atlanta is awesome! Close to the gulf, the east coast and Tennessee (I love Nashville!). But, thinking about moving South Carolina is exciting that we will get to explore new places and see new things. We will be close to Myrtle Beach, Charleston, Georgetown, and even closer to Savannah. I've never been North East of Georgia, so it will be cool to be able to visit around South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia. I don't know how long we will be there, but I hope to be able to take advantage of some of the places around.
I was at Target yesterday, and the cashier saw my Military ID and asked if I was moving to Shaw. I've never seen her before and now I'm kicking myself for not staying and chatting with her for a bit! There was a line of about three behind me, but all I asked was "yes, are yall?" and she smiled and said yes. And all I could think to say way "well, I'll see you there!" lol Really?! I'll see you there? haha...sometimes I can be so awkward. Oh well, I probably really will see her there. I'm actually considering going to an FRG meeting here in ATL next week. I think I might feel kind of out of the loop if there are a lot of wives/families here who are already talking about the move, etc. I know I'm much younger than most of them, and we don't have any kids, but it would be good to be able to converse about what is going on with others who are going to Shaw as well.
Anyway...those are my thoughts for today :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment