Monday, April 23, 2012

Beach day

First beach day of the year!
Long story short, I was in charge of booking the hotel room (which was only going to be $80 oceanfront!), but somehow messed it up, and didn't ever actually BOOK it. Friday night before we leave, I go to get the address for it, and there's no record of it on my travelocity account. No $80 taken out of our checking account. No confirmation email. That's when I realized what I had done. lol OOPS! total bummer. But right as Sean's about to book another one (now over $100), I check the weather forecast for the next two days: RAIN! So we decided to just go for a day trip. The rain was suppose to hold off until Sunday, so we figured we'd have a couple nice hours on Saturday to enjoy it.
We had to make several stops on the way out of town, and then when we got there I needed a bathing suit (you know, for all the swimming and sun bathing I was going to do..), so we stopped at Target. By the time we got to the beach, it was after noon, and we could see the storm coming. We walked down the boardwalk (pretty, even though there were huge black clouds), and when we got to the pier, we started seeing lightning. lol Before it really hit, I had Sean run back and pull the car around, we took a few pictures, and then left.
Annabelle's first trip to the beach: fail. Oh well....we'll try again.
We went to Joe's Crab Shack for lunch/dinner. Annabelle loved looking around the restaurant at all the crazy decorations and lights. When we were leaving Joe's, it was POURING rain. It's at Broadway at the Beach, which is set up sort of like a amusement park (minus admission and all the rides), so we were going to have to walk a ways to the car. So, we decided to run across the little path to Rack Room Shoes, so we could cut through there to the parking lot. Well, when we got inside, I was distracted by looking at shoes....of course :) Who can really get enough shoes, right?? Sean decided if I was going to get some new Sperry's (which I realyl had no intention of, I was just admiring them), that he was going to get some new running shoes, which he really needed. An hour later, we both walked out with fancy new running shoes :D
Then we went to Starbucks, for a warm cup of coffee (because it was raining, not because it was cold lol) and then to introduce Sean to It'Sugar!! Don't know if you remember me talking about Megan, Sadie, Chad and my trip their last summer, but it ended in the 4 of us spending around $100 on candy! yaaa...holy moly, that place is amazing! Sean was just as impressed, and we both filled up a bag of treats for our ride home :)

So, even though we barely took 10 steps on the beach, our beach day turned out to be pretty fun!







No comments:

Post a Comment