Sunday, June 24, 2012

5 more weeks

Are we really moving in just FIVE weeks!?! I feel so unprepared. But at the same time, i feel SO little stress. In fact, I hardly think about it at all. This is good, I think?

I guess it's because the movers will be doing it all this time (no 3 days of packing for this lady!), we're stopping in Atlanta (only 4 hours away!) to make the trip easier and visit of course, we're planning to live on post, so we won't even have to wait for a house (because their is practically no wait times), and I've already connected with a few people there and everyone seems pretty great! We're also not moving to an "unfamiliar" place. No, we've never lived in Alabama, but we've lived in the south for 5 years, and I know it's not much different than GA. Oh, and we have friends not 2 hours North of Ft. Rucker. Uh, and DUH! Sean's going to be a warrant officer in flight school!! HOW COOL IS THAT!?! :) <----that may be the only part I'm even worried/stressed about since he won't be working a 9-5 (more like 6-5) job anymore. That will be an adjustment....but I can totally handle that.
And it being hot...that's the other thing on my mind. Moving in this heat is actually horrible I will say. The movers leave the doors open, and within an hour or two your house is 90 degrees or hotter. yuck.
I don't know....I guess there's just so many good/"easy" things about this move it's pretty easy not to stress and be excited. I know Sean's a little nervous for the change (it will be a much bigger change for him than for me!) and the courses, but I know he will do great. :)

We sign in to Ft. Rucker August 1st.  So the movers will be here a few days before that.


Anyway, that is what's on my mind tonight.


That, and it's after midnight and I'm still awake....oooh, ouch. This is going to hurt tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment