Wow. Seeing some of the pictures of the fires in Colorado has me thinking....
I've only had to deal with something like that once; and it was a campsite not our home. Honestly, as a 9 or 10 year old, I thought it was kind of exciting. I don't remember being scared or worried, I just wanted to make sure my Sally made it out alive! If I remember correctly, we had 10 minutes to pack up our campsite. A.k.a. throw everything into the van as quickly as we could and find a place to sit! That place, if I remember, for Jason and I was on top of a pile of sleeping bags, and I'm pretty sure there wasn't an inch of room to spare.
Anyway, what if we had the same happen to our HOUSE! We don't own, so we wouldn't be loosing our property, but how devastating would that be still!? Wow....I can't even imagine.
First priority would be us; Sean, Annabelle and myself. The dogs, and then what? Clothes? food? pictures?? In my head, I imagine grabbing as much stuff out of my craft room and closet as possible, all the scrapbooks, as many clothes as we could fit, some bedding, the computers? I don't even know!
Now, I feel like I should have an "evacuation plan" or checklist! I'm all about lists. I do have a notebook with serial numbers of all our important/expensive objects (one thing I've learned is a must for PCSing), but it's actually not even up to date. *note to self: update moving notebook*
My best friend, Amy, and her family live maybe 10 miles south of Colorado Springs...the big fire is West, I think. She's an obsessive instagram/fb updater like me, and hasn't posted anything in a while :( I'm pretty sure they're out of town, but man....even if it doesn't affect her family directly, it's RIGHT there; it affects them - their town and community.
*sigh*
I'm definitely praying for everyone out there a lot today. It's been in the front of my mind since I woke up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment