Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Impulsive

Quick post before bed about my irritation with my impulsive decisions......

Uhm, WHO let me take on EIGHT orders to complete before our move?! seriously. Worst idea ever. lol To all of you who's orders I'm completing, thank you for ordering, I'm glad I have some customers and I'm glad to make them (I also thoroughly enjoy super custom orders....specifics actually make it easier!). But, what was I thinking? These projects take days to make.....Step 1. Cut and sand wood. Step 2. paint wood. Step 3. cut letters. 4. paste letters and seal 5. finishing touches 6. pack and ship. HOURS. 1-2 projects at a time is fine... but 8? c'mon Amy...you know better. We're moving in seven, yes SEVEN, days and I still have a good 2 days of work left. By "days of work" I don't mean the 18 hours I'm awake, I mean 2-4 hours. That's ALL of my "free time" (the time when I'm not responsible for Annabelle, daily household chores, eating or feeding the hubs or baby, or taking care of the dogs).

I like how Sean waited until I said, "maybe this wasn't such a great idea" today to say, "ya think?" lol ohhhhhh man....

I literally didn't even think about this decision to take orders for more than 10 minutes. It just made sense. I was obsessively thinking about our move with not a whole lot of stuff I could do for it. Now, with only a week left I need to get working on this house! I can really start the cleaning, and packing...so uh, why am I in the craft room at nearly 11pm putting finishing touches on one of the projects?? oh ya....I'm just haaaad to offer these before our move *smh*


I'm starting to VERY strongly reconsider my desire to possibly open a shop. Not just because this is stressful (because that's almost entirely due to the move). I enjoy doing these projects, and I like selling them, BUT they are SO much work, and there really is a SMALL profit to be made. That's fine, but I have a list a mile long of projects I want to do for US (the Flynn family) and can't because I have had orders on my to-do list since April, and I just don't have any more extra time for our house, and I really want to do some of these for our house!

Anywho...I am glad I was (am) able to do these few, and hopefully learn a small lesson on hmm what's the word for it?? Taking my time, thinking things through, maybe even talking them over with the hubs, before I jump the gun on adding things to my list and taking on more than I can handle. *sigh*

I should be able to finish the last 3 tomorrow morning if Annabelle takes a really good nap. *crossing fingers*


No comments:

Post a Comment