I should really keep one of these blogs up to date....And since I know how frustrating it is to go back and update the 365, I will just try and continue it from here (sorry!) and create a longer update on here.....
But before I do that, I'll start with today. August 21st - Sean's WOCS class date. However, we had been hearing all weekend that aviators wouldn't have to report until this Friday (since the WOCS class isn't all Flight school students, those who are not aviation only just got here this weekend, or even today, so they were doing a lot of things that the aviation students had already done). Yesterday, he went to formation at 0830, came home a couple hours later and had the rest of the day off! Today, we sort of figured it would be similar, but after he came home at lunch he reported back and I didn't hear from him again! I was SO worried that they had kept him there and taken his phone etc. because he had my car (with carseat and stroller)! He finally came home at nearly 7pm, only to tell me that he had to report back, to the barracks, to stay, by 9pm. :( Although this was his original class date, and although his bags were packed, and we were ready, I really was NOT ready for that sudden departure. Should have known better. Ughhh. Army....
We put Annabelle to bed, ate dinner, finished getting his bags ready, and then got her up and took him to the barracks. As we were driving over there I realized something (something I definitely already knew).....he is literally a mile away from us. That is so weird and foreign and difficult!! He is just across post, but we can't see him AT ALL. If he were to happen to see us (at the PX, or gas station, or something) he would have to cover his face with his hand and walk the other way. Soooooo, I am GLAD we'll be out of here soon!
Anyway, my husband is at WOCS now for 5 weeks!! I am seriously going to miss him so much. It's weird...a month is seriously so short for us to be apart, but we've never had to go through it with Annabelle. Definitely harder on both of us! I am so excited that he has this opportunity and I'm so proud of him. I look forward to graduation and being a Warrant Officer's wife!! :)
We could all definitely use prayers during this course! I know he will do great, but it is going to be challenging in a new way. It's much different than other courses (especially WLC, which is sort of the enlisted NCO version of this course, which he has already completed), and a lot of your success depends on those around you. Thankfully, he has already connected with many of his other classmates, and there are several that are very squared away and great soldiers already. I also know that we will do great too, but it sure will be different not having a second hand around here with baby responsibilities.
Anywhoo...that's the latest update! More to come...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment