Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Baby to toddler

In the last three months Annabelle has changed Sooooo much! From crawling around, looking at us like we were crazy for "telling her to do something" , to walking around understanding and obeying commands. 
i love how I tell her that its bath time and she tears at her shirt as she walks to the bathroom, that she throws her diaper in the garbage when asked, and how she goes around closing doors and cupboards left open (that one she must have learned by example ;)). 
I say that it's time to go "bye bye" and she waves and goes to the door. "Get your shoes on" and she goes and grabs her shoes.
When we laugh at something funny, she chimes in with he outrageously fake laugh. 
I give her a wash cloth and tell her dolly needs to get clean, and she sits wiping the Dolly's face, arms and shoes. 
She's so expressive, sometimes I think i know exactly what she's thinking. 
She loves on the dog, gives mommy kisses, and sometimes even let's daddy in other sweetness (more and more lately). 
I read, "they brush their teeth" and she pretends to brush her teeth.
She's trying to repeat what we say, do what we do, and act, like we act. 
With that, I feel like I have a much larger obligation to show her how to act! I need to say "thank you" more, give more hugs, have a good attitude, and love life and people. I need to express my thankfulness to God for such a beautiful day out loud so she knows who blessed us with the sun, moon and stars! 

No comments:

Post a Comment