Saturday, January 12, 2013

1 year old



My little girl is one year old! Wow. Time flies....
This year has been crazy and amazing.
I'm learning a lot about myself, and how to be a mom, and the mother I want to become.
There's something about having a child that makes you care a lot less about what other people think about you, and a lot more about raising that little person as best as you can; teaching them how to be a kid, and showing them the world.

  ~~~


Annabelle,
You're a happy girl. I am so blessed to be your mother. Sometimes I forget how amazing you are when you scream at me, but then I realize that you're just trying to communicate your thoughts and feelings to me, and I just don't know how to understand you yet ;) When you enter a room, people look at you and smile. So many times, we get stopped so that someone can talk to you, and they walk away with a smile on their face, and we often hear how "you made their day". I love that. I love that you make peoples days brighter just by being YOU! I know you will do amazing things with your life, and touch a lot of people's lives in a positive way.

This first year you grew from a little itty bitty sweet baby, to a waddling, giggling, silly, singing, happy, creative toddler! We are so proud of you!!


Daddy mostly calls you "girlie" or "sweetheart" and I usually call you "peanut head", "banana belle" or "AH-NAH" - because that's how it seems you say your name.

You're now sleeping through the night, getting 3 bottles of cows milk a day, and eating whatever we eat, or basically anything we offer you. You're a good eater. Though, you know what you don't want, and you will NOT eat it ;)

You love to be outside, you love your friend Penny, you love it when people talk to you, you love to be goofy and silly, and make faces with us. You enjoy your baths, and our bedtime routine (which is playing in your room, getting ready and reading) is one of your favorite parts of the day. You like your doggie, and you looove to "read" your books. Sometimes you like your toys, but mostly you're into exploring things. I tied a ribbon around this ball for when you were little and could only swat at it - you turned it into a necklace, and you wear it around the house so proudly, like you are wearing the most beautiful piece of jewelry! :)

This has been a fun first year! I can't wait for the next. You're a sweetie, and we love you very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment