OOH! I'm so glad I posted about this a few weeks ago.
So, one of our main challenges with finding a church was Annabelle's nap schedule (which I was incredibly against altering just for Sunday's). With her being on one nap a day, that left a lot more flexibility for church services. Although going to a service that starts at nearly 11 is pushing it, we went to the post chapel at 10:45. This is the one I referenced as being super "Army" and boring, with horrible music (music, not worship).
Wellllllll, we got there a tad late, and found a seat during worship. And OOOH MY WOOOORD, it was awesome. Not like crazy, amazing, beyond-anything-I've-ever-seen awesome, but like the guy leading worship was worshiping, the people on stage around him leading were worshiping, and there was such a presence of God in the room I couldn't even resist raising my hands to worship (which I have felt completely uncomfortable doing in the past few years). I was sad when worship ended. I was just so into it! I may have been one of like 10 people there that was (because, again....it's non-denom Army chapel...mostly consisting of AIT and WOCS students and their families).
The pastor (former evangelist) was great.
We saw lots of people we knew there.
It.was.awesome.
I am so happy we went. Sadly, we missed this week because I was sick. But I am very excited about next week :) Though, I have heard that the worship leaders, and pastors change each week, so we'll see. In any case, it's 5 minutes away, good time and Annabelle is comfortable with the nursery and workers, so we'll probably continue going, and make the best of the days when it isn't as "awesome".
I also started going to a Bible study there! It's great :) The people are so nice, and I LOVE having that mid week activity to break up our (sometime) looong mornings. It's 3 hours, with worship and devotional, fellowship with food, and then break into classes for videos and discussions. A friend and I jumped in on this class (they're about half way through already), and it's probably not the one I would have chosen to stick with, but there are only a couple more weeks and I really like the poeple in there, so we'll stick with it for now. When they start new classes, I'll go to a different one (maybe a parenting one :) ).
Anyway, I love it. My friend and I were even going through some stuff this week, and we thought back on what we were talking about in our Bible study and how the Devil uses small little instances to attack you, and it's how you react to those that defines who you are in Christ. We could have easily chosen to blow up, be immature (back to someone), cause drama...but instead we just stepped back and realize this is bigger than us, so we're giving it up to God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment