Monday, February 1, 2010

English Class

Grrr! I'm not liking my enlgish class this semester! The teacher is ALL about writing! Yes, I understand that that is obviously going to be an important element of the class, but EVERY single question in paragraph/essay form!? Then, at the end of the unit, write a review of the unit? That's a little high schoolish if you ask me. We've just spent 3 weeks on this material and now we have to spend a whole other week on the same exact thing? Lame.

Anyway...There's also this Georgia online library, that supposedly, I'm suppose to know how to navigate, but I really don't understand it. Now, I sort of wish that I had taken this class on campus. If only for that reason.

At least, I have to say, this teacher expects more than former English teachers I have. Some of them would just accept ANY kind of essay or discussion post. Even if there were a TON of grammatical errors. Sometimes I felt like I was reading a 4th graders post. This teacher expects very collegiate work from each student, which I can appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment