Well, I finished the scrapbook I've been working on for momma's 50th Birthday. I overnighted it on Friday so that it would be there for her party on Saturday. It made it and it was hit. I'm just a little bummed that I didn't get the first years of her life done or 2000-2010. I'm glad it got there, but I'm disappointed that it wasn't complete. I will keep working on it for the next couple weeks. It was really time consuming and although I loved making it, I think making it more slowly will be more fun and not as stressful.
I am also irritated that I forgot to take pictures of it before I shipped it! But, I was literally finishing it in the car on the way to the Post Office! Which is actually the same time I got pulled over for speeding! Man, I almost forgot about that! lol
Well, here's the story:
Friday morning I was working really quickly on getting all of the letters and memories from friends and family into the book. I had to be at work by 2:45, so I left for the P.O. at about 1:30. This was my first mistake. You see, getting to the P.O. involves driving through the Square, which at that time of day (lunch time!) is not a fun place to be. The McDonough Square is the center of the city basically. Four main high ways run through this part of the town and there are 4 one way streets around a small square park (http://www.mcdonoughga.org/photo-gallery.html actually some really pretty pictures of the area)...so, as you can imagine, everything get's really backed up as you drive through there.
I always take back roads to bypass parts of it. I had to stop at Walgreens on my way to the P.O. to pick up the last few pictures I wanted in the book! So, on my way down Ivy Edwards, a cop passed me in the opposite direction. I was going about 52 in a 45, or so I thought. So, I kind of tapped on my breaks to slow down a bit, but didn't think he would care. Well, sooner than I know it, he's right behind me riding my tail and his lights go on!
First, I'm totally irritated because I'm running late, I HAVE to get this package there before work. Then, I realize...CRAP! Sean's OR tags are very VERY expired and he just got the emissions test for them last week. So, he'll probably write me up for that too! So, now I'm even MORE irritated. He comes to my window and says he's pulling me over because he clocked me at 49mph in a 35mph zone! Yikes! Didn't realize it was only 35, which is what I told him. Then he asks if I still live at the same address that's on my license, which is the first apartment we lived in when we moved here, and we've moved twice since then! So, I tell him, "No, we live on Jennifer Lane now". He knows right where I'm talking about and asks how long we've lived there. I say "since December". Then he asks,
"Is this your car?"
"No sir. It's my husbands."
"Oh, is he in the military or something"
"yes sir"
"oh, is he gone right now?"
I quickly think, well ya he's in Maryland, but not like gone gone, like deployed...whatever,
"Yes sir"
"oh okay, I'll be back in a minute"
So, he goes and runs my license. At this point it's about 2:10 and I haven't even stopped at Walgreens or driven through the square!
I wasn't even thinking about him in his patrol car writing me a ticket, I was more worried about getting my package there on time! So, when that thought flashed through my mind I said a quick prayer. "Lord, we really can't afford a ticket right now. Not to mention this is going to be a BIG one! Please let this cop to be gracious!" Or maybe the last part went something more like, "Please don't let him find his ticket book so he can't write me a huge ass ticket!" But anyway...He get's out of his patrol car and walks back over to me with a yellow piece of paper in his hand. He said, "Well, make sure your husband gets his tags changed when he gets back. And if yall are going to be here for a while, you might want to go and get your address and your license changed."
Then he hands me the paper.
I'm thinking, shit...another ticket.
He says, "I don't know how often you drive through here, but just make sure you slow down the next time. This is just a warning about your speeding."
I'm almost speechless.
I was SURE I was getting a ticket.
"THANK YOU SIR!" all I could say.
"Alright, have a nice day and slow down now"
"Okay I WILL. thank you. Now I know it's 35, not 45. I'll definitely slow down. Have a good day. I appreciate it. Thank you!"
I'm pretty sure I said all of that. I was so happy!
Anyway...called in to work. Told her I'd be late and she said that was fine. I got the package there and I was off!
Sean and I got to watch mom open it over skype yesterday when she got it in the mail. I love technology so much. We're so blessed to live in an age where even when we aren't able to go and visit our family for months (or years), we are still able to see them how ever often we want to over the internet. Wow. I am so thankful for that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment