Saturday, May 1, 2010

Happy May!

I can't believe it's already May! This is craziness. :) This is a pretty exciting month. The first week of May brings the end of my Spring term at GPC, Jason's 20th Birthday (AH! I can't believe my baby brother is 20!), State Fair and Mothers Day. Then, we're having a multi-family yard sale to get a little extra $$ for our beach trip (and to clean out our houses!). After that is our trip to the beach!!!! The Philmon's, O'Neals, Flynn's, Blake and Tess, and Camron and Kasey are all packing up and heading to Panama City for five days of relaxing and fun in the sun! We're all super excited! Then, CCS last day of school and then Summer! :)

Things I hope to do this summer:


Vacation in Oregon: Yeee! I'm so excited to see my family!! It's been a year and I miss them like crazy! I hope to visit my grandparents in Albany, brothers new place in Brooks, family in Corvallis and Portland, go to the coast, Multnomah Falls (haven't been there in like 10 years!), 5 year High School reunion, Brent and Ashley's Wedding. Ah! So much to do!!

Go camping: Chattahoochee National forest, Fort Mountain, Great Smokey Mountains.

East Coast Beach Weekend: I've been wanting to do this with Sean since we moved here. It reminds me of something my parents used to do with us. Just get in the car and drive to the coast, and drive up and down the coast exploring. I want to go to Hilton Head and Charleston for sure and maybe Myrtle Beach (that's North a bit) and some others in between. The GA and SC coastline is nothing like the Pacific coast. There's not just one highway that runs up and down the coast. It's a lot more little "islands" or like little peninsulas with highways running out to them. Anyway, I hope we can find an inexpensive way to do this!

Lake Days: Jackson, Alatoona, Indian Springs, Oconee, Tallula Falls,

Tubing in Helen: My parents, Jason, and I went up there for a day in 2008 and it was a really cute place! But it was pretty chilly and the tubing wasn't open yet because it was March. So, I'm excited to get up there in the sun and maybe stay in one of their cabins, or even camp out. http://www.helentubing.com/main.asp

Aquarium: with Sean, Camron and Kasey, and whoever else (but Sean and Kasey haven't been there!). Maybe get a Citypass and visit the Coca Cola factory, botanical gardens, Zoo, CNN, and History center for $74! http://www.citypass.com/atlanta

Braves games: Only went to one last year...we need to hit up a few more this year!

Cherry Blossom Festival: (the pinkest party on earth!) In Macon http://www.cherryblossom.com/

GA Peach Festival: http://www.worldslargestpeachcobbler.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment