Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Austin's Heart Surgery

Chris and Amy moved, with their family, in February to Colorado to Chris' new duty station at Ft. Carson. Now, just 2 1/2 months later, their middle child Austin (2.5 yrs old) is having heart surgery. I have feel like I have been such a bad friend in the last few months. :( I haven't even kept up with Amy much at all. But I'm not making this about me, I just feel bad and wish I would have kept closer contact....they mean a lot to me, and I haven't shown it. Anyway, today Austin is in surgery in Denver and I'm just sitting here on pins and needles. It's killing me. Amy is updating on her blog (http://mommaoneal.blogspot.com/) though, which I am so glad she does (she also did this when each of her kids were born). I cannot imagine what she is going through today. She is so strong. Chris is preparing for deployment, but is thankfully still with them. Austin is doing well so far, but is still in surgery. I just want this to be over for them and for Austin to be in recovery with a successful operation completed. Please keep the O'Neal family in your prayers. This is very scary for them and they just need all the prayers they can get.
Amy, Grayson, Austin and Lily 3/11

1 comment:

  1. Oh my!! Poor guy. Definitely keeping them in my thoughts!! I'm sure everything will be fine! It's amazing how far we've come with technology!

    ReplyDelete