Monday, April 25, 2011

I'm back...Well, for today anyway :)

Wow! It's been a while since I last posted! The last two weeks I have been very busy with school and getting ready for Sean coming home! He got in last Thursday and I'm SOOOO happy to have him back again. 

Originally, he was suppose to get back on March 20th. Then, they held him over so he could be there when the exercise went out. He ended up flying back with them on Wednesday, and after a very long  two days of traveling, he made it to Ft. McPherson! They were suppose to get there at about 5, so I was ready to go at 4. But he called from Maine and said they would be much later. It was ridiculously hard to find anything to do for those next few hours...so, I went shopping. lol I got a few dresses, fixed my hair, and then decided to just go ahead and go wait up on post. When I got there, they reminded me that my I.D. card and post tags were expired (I knew that they expired in April, but didn't think it would be such a big deal), so I would need to get my car inspected and get a guest pass. Well, for some reason I didn't have my insurance card in the glove box, so I couldn't even get on! Actually, the one guy helping said I could pull up my insurance on my smartphone and he would let me on, but then some other lady walked up to give me a temporary I.D. and she said she wouldn't allow that. ERG. So, I had to park in the MARTA (Transit) station and have Alex come pick me up. We waited for about 15 minutes and then Sean called to say he had landed in ATL! We drove over to his building and found him amongst all the sweaty smelly exercise people unloading bags...... I was so excited to see him that I kept getting in peoples way (and everyone else there had only been gone a couple weeks, so I probably seemed a little odd for being so excited, but I really didn't care)! It is crazy that he had been gone for SEVEN months!! Now that it's over, I can say it went by pretty fast. Not gonna lie, it was a long friggin time! But now that we're back together, I feel like he never left.....Okay, maybe it just hasn't hit me that he's back yet! I know he can't. Randomly, he'll just blurt out, "I can't believe I'm really back" or "I felt like it would never end". I'm so happy that he gets to relax for a while!!

I know a lot of husband and wives have a hard time re-integrating after deployment, and I was pretty worried that we would too, but it's been perfect so far. I have the best husband in the world. He is giving me a little space, and not messing with the house too much....I remember one time he came home from an exercise or something and he started moving things around and questioning why I put the cups there, or moved the laundry bin over here....it made for a very frustrating first few days together. This time is totally different. Maybe it's just because we continued to grow as a couple throughout the separation, or because we've been praying so much for each other and for our re-integration to go smoothly. Whatever the case, I love it :) We are so happy.

We enjoyed our Friday together shopping and relaxing, and then went golfing with Alex on Saturday. We definitely need some major practice, but I'm glad that he is interested in picking it up as a hobby;  I really enjoy it. We had our Easter dinner on Sunday with the "Army Family". It has morphed and changed over the past few years, some have gone and some have come, but we are blessed to have them in our lives.

The next few weeks are going to be a little cRaZy! I have two more weeks of school and then finals. Sean will be off until the end of May, and he'll be looking for a car, house, and spending a lot of time relaxing (he deserves it after seven months of working 12-20 hour days!). After my finals, I have the Warrior Dash with Kristen, Megan and Bekah!! Then, Sean and I are going on our road trip/house hunting/beach vacation!!! After we get back, I start my summer term taking two classes, and then we just have a couple more weeks before we move to South Carolina! YIKES! That is JUST around the corner now....

*Pics to come on Three.Six.Five

No comments:

Post a Comment