The past couple of days I realized how little I've been listening to music lately. Probably because a. I don't have my music channels on Charter and b. I don't have any of my music. lol But still...I haven't even really been listening to Pandora or anything. Well, then I got to thinking about our baby and listening to music. I know that there are no actual studies that show listening to music will improve your babies mental capacity while in the womb, or anything like that, but I just feel like it would soothe him or her. I got to thinking about this especially the other day when my dad sent me lyrics to a song from the 80's. It's called Little Baby by an Irish women named Dana. Here are the lyrics:
Refrain:
Little baby yet unborn
In my womb so safe and warm
Living with me who will you be
Living with me I wish I could see
Little baby yet unborn
In my womb so safe and warm
Are you a girl, are you a boy
Little gift that brings such joy
Living with me who will you be
Living with me I wish I could see
Are you a girl, are you a boy
Little gift that brings such joy
Ah, little baby, ah, ah, ahaa
Ah, little baby, ah, ah, ahaa
If you laugh or if you cry
I'm gonna love you till I die
Living with me you always will be
Living with me so it shall be
If you laugh or if you cry
I'm gonna love you till I die
Mother Mary just like me
You were waiting patiently
Living with thee help me to be
Living with thee help me to see
Mother Mary just like me
You were waiting patiently
Ah, little baby, ah, ah, ahaa
Ah, little baby, ah, ah, ahaa
Refrain
Little baby yet unborn
In my womb so safe and warm
Little baby yet unborn
In my womb so safe and warm
Little baby yet unborn
In my womb so safe and warm.
Isn't that sweet!? We can't find the actual song on the internet anywhere to listen to, so I think I might buy it from her website.
Anyway, I really want some good music. Oldies, newsies, worship, rock, soft music, everything! I'm going to ask my family and friends to burn me some CD's of their favorite music. Actually, what's funny is I didn't have a stereo in my old car, and since I've got my Highlander I have YET to listen to a CD in it! Isn't that crazy!?! It doesn't have an input for an iPod unfortunately (I think it's about 1 or 2 years too old for that "standard" feature), but I don't mind listening to CD's...I just don't really have any! But, really, I just don't have much good music anymore. When I got my laptop, I didn't get everything transferred over from my old computer, so I don't have ANY of my old music. lame.
I would LOOOOVE some music from my parents especially. I don't really remember what we listened to growing up, I'm sure it was all on cassette anyway, but I remember always having music! So, I want some of it :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwcXeVoRNdI
ReplyDelete