There are only a few things I am thinking we need for this baby. Especially if I'm right, and we're having a girl ;)
I am soooo sure we will be purchasing more than 4 or 5 things! hah! But we do have a lot already! After going through the first year and a half (ish) with one child, I know there are some things we would like to have for the second, including:
1) Video Monitor. I can't tell you how many times I've wished I had one of these. But before Annabelle, I just thought that was a sill waste of money. Maybe it is, but after countless nights of going in to check on her, and waking her up, or hearing her fuss, and not knowing if she's just tossing and turning, or actually awake and needing us, when she was tiny, I was always worried she would wiggle her way into a corner and get stuck - a video monitor would relieve those problems. Plus, it's one thing I've been told (by anyone who has one) is invaluable. So, we're getting one of those for sure! Sean's even on board - I mean, what guy doesn't want some fancy techno gadget for their baby!? ;)
2) Pack-n-play. We were given a travel size pack-n-play when Annabelle was born, and it came in handy! But let me tell you... it's when they're crawling/walking and TOO BIG for the travel size that you really need one! We've had to borrow our friend's a few times, and it just seems like an essential now. And think about the move?! Yikes....we'll be moving right around the time this baby is born, so we'll definitely want to be prepared with a nice place for him/her to sleep!
3) Double stroller. ya.....this one kills me. I thought we were SO smart to get an infant travel system (one of the nicer ones too!). Well, now I'm going to have a newborn and a 2 year old. They'll both need a seat. So.....double stroller it is! But then, what if I want to go jogging? So, do I get a double jogging stroller? they're pretty bulky! But then what happens in a year when Annabelle doesn't want to sit in it anymore?! Ugh....this one stresses me out. Not sure what we're going to do at this point, but have plenty of time to research and decide!
4) Wrap and carrier - I'm looking at buying a used Moby wrap for when this baby is a little bitty newborn, because they just look so comfy. And I really want to get a Ergo baby carrier for the next few months. I already have a ring sling, and that may come in handy as well, but there are lots of different options, and I really like the Ergo idea.
5) High Chair - We bought a really used high chair when we realized Annabelle was needing one. I didn't even spend much time looking around, just basically bought the first CL high chair I found. It took A LOT of cleaning to make it even suitable. It worked well; did it's job. But, now I would like a nicer one. One that folds up, so there's no big bulky base sticking out. One that converts to a booster/table seat. One that is a tad more appealing to the eye. I would be more than happy to find this second-hand. So, I'll be looking. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment