Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pregnant!

You heard right! Baby #2 is on the way! :)


6 weeks down, 34 to go! 




Due date? On or around December 8th. CRAZY! A 2013 baby right after a 2012 baby. hah! They will be almost exactly two years apart - I'm happy with that. 

Planned? meh....sort of/not really. We were planning on trying to conceive in January. But, that just didn't happen. When it didn't, we quickly decided that waiting until Summer to start trying again would be best (because Nov/Dec/Jan are looking like the end of flight school/moving plus holidays/two birthdays already). Guess God had a different plan in mind! ;)



When did I find out? Like I told my family, I sort of just knew. Likely because I'm really in tune with my body, I have regular periods, and I started to feel "weird" again (like I did with Annabelle). There are a few more details I will leave out, but you get the idea...I just knew ;) I took a pregnancy test 2 days before I was suppose to start my cycle, and it was negative. Then, I took another one the day I was suppose to start and it was positive! But, it was also really faint. So, I took a "high tech" test the next day, and it read "positive" again. 
Dollar tree pregnancy test (#2). Correct, but very faint second line.

Clear Blue test (#2). The word actually disappears in like a day, so I had to take the second test in the box the day I wrapped his gift! Then I forgot to take a photo of it soon enough, so this is slightly altered. But it said pregnant when Sean opened it ;) hah!


First person I told? You would probably guess my husband, right?! :) Well, he was flying, and I was about to get in the car for a two hour drive with my sister-in-law, so SHE was the first person I told! And Annabelle. She just yelled at us. ;) 

How I told Sean - Since I found out on a Tuesday, wasn't going to be home until Wednesday, and then when I got home, Sean was SO sick, I decided it just wasn't a good time. I would wait until Family day on Friday, after we saw him fly. Kelly and I thought of a few cool ideas to surprise him (one of which involved the radio tower...which he said would have been SO cool. Oh well) while we drove. I ended up writing him a little note and attached it to his "family day gift". After he got home from flying, I gave my mom the camera (she didn't know either, at the time), and told Sean to sit down because I was going to give him his gift. He read the note that simply said, "Happy Family Day! Love, Your Family - Amy, Annabelle, and baby. "
He didn't catch it at first, but I think he saw my parents reactions, so re-read, "and baby" and then he got a big confused/questioning smile on his face and I told him to open the gift! I had wrapped the last pregnancy test I took, and when he opened it, he read "pregnant" and totally got it! :) It was sweet. 


"Happy Family Day! Love, your family - Amy, Annabelle, and baby"

"....aaaan baby?"


"oooh!"

"PREGNANT!"

Soon-to-be family of 4!



Feeling? Backache, TIIIIIIRRREEED, more nauseous than the 1st pregnancy, super bloated, food makes my stomach upset, but overall really just fine! ;) I'm not going to lie, this pregnancy (so far, for the past 2 weeks that I've known - hehe) seems to be a little more physically draining than the last one. But, with the 1st, I didn't already have a baby toddler running around to take care of, and Sean basically worked a 9-5 job. So, I actually slept for like 16-18 hours a day! HAH! I guess it's pretty normal that my body is already a lot more tired. I still feel lucky to not be stuck in a bed or over a toilet, *fingerscrossed*. I have been able to exercise a little, and am still hoping to participate in the next Fort Rucker 5K! Overall, I feel good. And I'm starting to get more excited!

Annabelle loves babies, and although I'm sure it will be a huge adjustment (for all of us) when the baby actually arrives, I'm so excited to give her a sibling to love. 

More to come on baby #2! :)






2 comments:

  1. I feel so lucky to have been the first person to know. :) You guys are the cutest family ever! Can't wait to meet my new little niece or nephew AND I get to see you and Annabelle in July!! WHOOHOOO!

    ReplyDelete