Thursday, April 25, 2013

Secretely thinking it's a girl...

Or not so secretly. ;) It's SO weird that I'm even thinking that. But, since the day I found out I was pregnant I've thought, "it would be so nice to have a another girl." Of course, I will be SO happy if it's a boy, I want a little boy! But, at this point, I think it's a girl, and I will actually be very surprised if it's not!

The obvious reason for wanting another girl is the "stuff". We have girl stuff. We're set. We're ready. There will be only 4 or 5 things we'll need to get.

A less obvious reason is that my husband truly only wants two kids, and if we have a boy, he'll probably be happy not having any more! AHHH! I want 5, and we've compromised at 3 (or 4 :D ), so if we have another girl, then we'll definitely want to try again in the next few years.

That sounds silly, but it's true!

I feel like having a girl will be relatively stress-free and thoughtless. Like, I'm one of those planner/creater/decorator/everything-has-to-be-perfect-before-baby-arrives type of person. If it's a boy, I'll feel the need to do that! And, honestly, WHERE are we going to set up a second nursery?! Ya, we don't have room. So, I imagine (girl or boy) the new baby will sleep in our room for a couple months *fingers crossed we have a good sleeper this time*. But if it's a boy, I will feel sad about not giving him a cute decorated, fully pleasing to the eye room to come home to.

And THAT is just silly. I realize this....but it doesn't mean I don't feel that way.

A little boy would be so fun. So new! It would be exciting. I can imagine our little boy will be absolutely adorable, and so incredibly fun. Sean would be so happy. Annabelle would love him. I would adore him.

But still, I have this feeling....it's a girl.

Only time will tell! ;) 


1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you want 5!! That's what I want too (probably six now so I'm raising 5). We'll probably just have one more though, we'll see. Chris would be happy to stop after one more lol.

    ReplyDelete