Friday, October 7, 2011

Oh ya, this is the Army

I know Sean's schedule has been totally crazy and unpredictable lately, but he's been here. You know? He hasn't had to go anywhere since he got back from Kuwait in April (so thankful for this!). That is a good thing about 3rd Army...they're here. So, anyway...we got to talking about the next year and I realized we were in the Army again. :) Sometimes I forget because he rarely has to go to training and never goes to the field. It's good that in the next year his career will start to unfold and move forward, but that means a lot more time with him not being here.
He is promotable right now, for those of you who didn't know. He went to the board in Kuwait and did really well. He would make an excellent E-6, just like he makes an excellent E-5...he's just an awesome soldier and leader (if I do say so myself). He hasn't been promoted yet because the points are so high (meaning, they probably don't need any more E-6's  right now..I think). Well, he has an opportunity to go to a course in February that will really help him move forward with that promotion and look really good on his Warrant Officer "application". It's similar the Warrior Leadership Course he went to before he got promoted to E-5. His leaders are willing to send him to the course as soon as possible, which happens to be February. It's a 6 week course in Arizona. So, we would not be able to see him at all during that time. Then, after the course he would get his packet together, turn it in and hopefully get into WOCS (Warrant Officer Candidate School) soon after, which is another 6-8 weeks in Alabama. At that point we would be either moved down there or getting ready to move down there with him. But that's about 3 months of him not being around. YES I understand it could be much worse (i.e. deployment), but we've spent the last 6 months with him HERE, with no threat of him being gone at all.
I honestly wouldn't think ANYthing about it...6 weeks is easy, we've done that so many times...but Annabelle is coming in January! I just wish this transition could have already happened, so he wouldn't be missing a few of the first months of her life.
So, on the bright side a) he will be moving forward to a more exciting and rewarding part of his Army career...totally transitioning into something new, and b) at least the courses aren't longer and during those weeks of training (and before and after) we know he won't have to deploy. Looking even further into the short-term future, as long as everything goes well with his courses, flight school and all the training (probably some hold-over time) is actually (so we've heard) around 2 years. He will be really busy, but he will be here! So I really have to look forward to and be thankful for that!
Anyway, just wanting to write a little about our future Army life in the next couple years.
2012 is bound to be a CRAZY and exciting year! I'm so blessed to have a husband who thinks of his family, himself, and our future in all his decisions. I love him :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you guys!! I know that everything will work out how it's supposed to! You got this :)

    ReplyDelete