If you're wondering HOW in the world we made that much money from a simple bake sale, the answer is simple, and threefold: 1) This is Third Army (and it happened to be payday!), and most of these men and women make much more than the majority would at a normal unit, 2) the building is set up really well, and we had two areas, one by each elevator (genius), and 3) it was all donation based....so most of them just threw in a $5, or a $10....and some didn't even take anything, just donated! Anyway... I had never done a bake sale based on donations, but it makes SO much more sense.
I made three items for the sale:
Cookies and Cream Cookies
Peppermint Patty Brownie Cups
![]() |
| I like how they look without the extra candy on top too |
No-bake peanut butter krispy cookies
I tried them all and they were all DELICIOUS! Definitely worth making again :)
A couple notes about the recipes though....
-I used vanilla pudding mix for the cookies and cream cookies, and it worked just as well. I think using cookies and cream pudding mix might be a bit much, but the only reason I didn't was because BiLo didn't have it.
-There was quite a bit of frosting left over from the brownies. I think I could have actually frosted a whole other batch. So, I would probably double the brownie recipe next time or half the frosting (but, OMG that frosting is to DIE for!)
-I used the microwave method with the p'nut butter cookies (rather than stovetop, which many suggest), and it worked just fine. These would be a fun, and easy holiday treat. They're pretty cheap, very simple and it makes A LOT.


No comments:
Post a Comment