I'm pretty excited about all the updates we've made to the nursery this week! :) Sean made these shelves last week, and they've been getting several coats of paint and sealant this weekend. For some reason, the pencil marks on the wood weren't erased, and took forever to cover (?), so it took several coats of white. Anyway, my plan was to use the shorter, wider shelf to hold a basket with diapers, but the basket I have is a little too wide. Plus, when our cloth diapers get here, I'll have to figure something else out anyway, so not a big deal. I love how the shelves turned out, my little hook shelf thingy (still don't know what you call that?), the yarn "A" I made this fall, and just everything. Got the little green pail at Michaels, and the green frame at TJ Max. It looks great :) Hanging on the hook shelf is a little dress/outfit from when I was a couple weeks old. I just thought it looked pretty.
I finally nailed the back pieces onto the cube shelf, and it looks SO much better!
I got some cute doilies and butterflies at Michael's in the dollar section and I like how they add a little more color! Think I may get some more :)
 |
| idk why the color is so weird in this picture...it looks a lot better in person |
Anywho...I have a few more things to do, including this awesome butterfly mobile I'm working on, but for now I'm really happy about how it's all coming together!
Did I mention the dogs aren't allowed in here? So it's THE cleanest room in our house! Oh, except when I leave the door open and Halle runs and hides under the crib when she's scared lol I don't even know how she found it...hopefully it won't become a habit, but I guess oh well if it does.
Here's a little bit more of a closeup on the shelves...the lighting is so weird...but you can see it a little better. Check out this adorable silver bracelet and rattle from Sean's Aunt Stacey! The bracelet is tiny and has "Jesus loves me this I know" engraved on it. it's SO cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment