Thursday, March 1, 2012

oooooooh Army

So, here's what the current sitch is with our future few months in the Army.

1) Warrant/Flight packet completely submitted. Last week his PT (physical) portion looked like it was going to need to be redone, which would not have made the cutoff for corrections, which was today. Thank God it got fixed quickly. Now waiting on the March board, which takes place the 12th-15th. We'll know by the 16th if he's been accepted!

2) Deferral taking forever. Anyone remember Sean was suppose to go to a class in Arizona in February?? Well, it's actually June now. This is a leadership course and will a) give him points for promotion, and b) look really good, and be a good experience. Our orders for Ft. Lewis are for the beginning of April, but this would defer the move there until after his course. It's been submitted, but we haven't heard anything back. Okay, fine except since we don't have a Flight class date, we will have to start out-processing unless we get this deferral quick! i.e. we will need to start packing next week to move by April 1st. PLEASE go through deferral, please!

3) Deployment? So, of course our first desire is for him to get into Flight. However, since it's getting so close we have to really start preparing for our PCS just in case (unless that dern deferral goes through! lol). If we PCS as ordered on April 1st, we will in-process by April 15th, and the unit he is assigned to will deploy before May?! OH MY. We're not totally sure about this, but if he's joining the unit that his best friend Charlie is with (which he thinks he may be), then he could deploy with them. Neat that his and Charlie's first "real" deployment would be together, not neat that he would be leaving so soon, hasn't trained with them, and would be going to a dangerous place for 9 months. Am I ready for that? uh...no. But I may need to be :(

For the past couple of weeks, my attitude has been really calm and just like...okay, just tell me when and where. But, now, with the possibility of moving in 4 weeks and deployment in 6, I'm starting to get a little stressed. I may have to rip up my current "to do" list and start packing and cleaning! yikes!

I still don't really care where we go. Although the thought of him leaving for the next 9 months of Annabelle's life kind of makes me sick to my stomach, BUT her and I would be with a lot of people we know and SO close to family. I could deal. it would really make me sad for him, but it's an inevitability I have come to grips with (sort of). But now I'm just anxious to know when and where...like NOW.

Lord, please give me peace, patience and if you wouldn't mind...push that deferral through!! ;)

Will update when we hear more!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously I'd be stressing' way more than you seem to be lol. Chris missed Lily's first year. :( I hope if he does go that it'll be a short deployment and he won't miss too much. Moving sucks, but hopefully you'll like your new duty station even better. :) Praying for y'all!!

    ReplyDelete