Saturday, March 17, 2012

Selected

Sean logged on to the Warrant Officer page this morning to see if the results from the board, which ended yesterday, had been posted yet. They were complete, but not posted. About two hours later, Charlie text us and said that we better check again. He logged back on and sure enough, there they were! Our hearts started racing as he opened it, and started to scroll down.


There it is!!!! SGT Flynn Qualified Select!

YAAAAAAAAY!!!
yes, this was really his reaction :) So excited!! Then he just sat there and stared at the screen for a while
So....we will be moving to Ft. Rucker, Alabama in 4-6 months. We actually thought it would be sooner, so kind of neat that we will get to be here for a bit longer. I'm excited to actually enjoy the summer here. Well....enjoy the beach ;) I love the gulf too, but I think it may be a bit cooler on the SC beaches. I hope Annabelle likes it too, because I'm pretty sure we're going to spend the next three summers bummin' it in the sand!

ANYWAY...

I am SO extremely proud of my husband! This is something he has wanted to do for a while, and with the weird timing of it all and the little delays and scares, it truly is amazing that he got his packet in and got selected on his first try! I knew he could do it :) He will be one handsome pilot, I must say.

I also have to brag a little....after he found out, he let his boss know (I say boss, but it's the Chief Warrant Officer directly above him who he works with..think I've mentioned him before), Chief told him that he was talking to some other WO's about Sean's packet and they all agreed his chances of getting picked up on the first try were slim to none because he's an active duty SGT. So Chief was equally as excited that he did! After hearing that I was even more impressed and proud of him! :)


We went out to Logan's for dinner and each got some TASTY steaks. Then, we met up with the Pratt's and Sadie at Mariachi's for drinks. It was a really fun night celebrating his success and I guess St. Patty's day, since we were all wearing green ;)

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for your family! What a great opportunity for you guys! WAY TO GO SEAN!!

    ReplyDelete