Sunday, March 25, 2012

Re-organize Nursery 1

Okay, I have this never-ending to-do list that I keep getting distracted from. I actually have two to-do lists. One is things to do around the house, and I usually keep up with that one (vacuum, dust, laundry, dishes, etc) from day to day. My other to-do list is things that I want or need to do....eventually. So, it takes a while to get to those things (like crafting and yardwork, cleaning baseboards or inside of freezer ;).

Today, I STARTED on it. Meaning, I looked at it and decided what I wanted to do. haha What did I end up doing?? Well, it started with trying to find a place to hang Belle's new bow holder. WHERE in the world am I suppose to hang it?? her room is full of decorations and there just wasn't a free wall. As I moved things around to try and find a place for it, I realized I was going to need to really reorganize. It didn't get as crazy as I expected (i.e. moving every piece of furniture, which is what I usually do once I get started reorganizing). I really like where the dresser is, right next to the closet, and the changing table is in the perfect spot too, right next to the door, under the shelves....etc... Anyway, I didn't want to move those, so there wasn't much else I could do. I hung the picture frames from the shower (not an easy task, since they have to be perfectly even and straight! ;), then realized there was just too much room between the crib and wall, and I don't know....everything just seemed so cluttered! I think I got a little too carried away with the tulle ;)

This is what I came up with. I love it! For now..... :) It's not exactly straight or "even" how I usually like furniture to be, but there's SO much more room. When I walk in the door I don't feel like I'm going to run into the ottoman (yes, I've done it and still have a 2inch bruise on my shin to prove it), and when I open the closet door, I don't feel like I'm squeezing in to find something. Ahhh...space.

yes that's a baby on the changing table ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment