I have been seriously slacking in my blogging. But Annabelle is just getting so busy lately...I hardly have time to eat and clean! Anyway...I have a lot on my mind, so I'm going to try and get a few blogs in this week.
Real quick updates:
I lost 5 lbs this week! WOOOOOO! Seriously, I was starting to think Kayla was wrong, and I was nevver going to shed these pounds! But, of course, she was right :) "just give it time" is what she keeps telling me....I lost in JUST the right spot too, because I was finally able to fit into some non-maternity shorts!! This is a first, and totally exciting to me :) I mean, I could wear them before, but had to leave them unbuttoned (and unzipped :/) with a belly band...now, I can button and zip them!! *sigh* Thank you Jesus! ;)
I've been having super weird dreams lately....it's odd. Does that mean I'm in a deeper sleep or a more awake sleep? I can't remember.
My cousin Whitney had her baby girl! Natalie Wren (I loooove the name Natalie!). She was born c-section 3 weeks early, so they're still in the hospital. I think I saw on FB that she has an infection. Poor baby :( She really wanted to have a natural delivery, but her body just didn't cooperate, and Natalie was breech. Ugh...I know that's got to be hard. But babies do what they want, and you can't really have too many expectations! (that's something we heard over and over in our newborn/parenting classes). Praying that Whitney and Natalie recoer quickly and can go home soon!
Annabelle loves, I mean LOOOOOOOOVES, her Johnny jump up! Like, she practically dislikes life unless she's in it. No, she still loves to smile and coo, just not as much. She will only tolerate playing on the ground for a few minutes. She gets frustrated if she can't get a toy in her mouth the way she wants it, but won't let me help her....hmm, I'm thinking she may be a head-strong baby. Time to adjust I believe.
Did I mention she's FOUR MONTHS OLD!?!? oh my gosh time, SLOW DOWN! It's so much fun watching her grow. She'll be crawling around before I know it! Although, like the random lady at TJMax told me, she rolled over for like 2 weeks (last month) and hasn't since. It's pretty weird. But I'm not too worried about it. Her sleeping habits have been REALLY off lately, so we're (meaning, I'm) pretty tired. Hoping her "sleeping through the night" (i.e. 5-6 hours) will kick back in soon. I'll write more about that later....
Thinking about starting her on solids pretty soon! I actually picked some up at Walmart the other day. I read that there are certain foods, especially some veggies, that you shouldn't make home made. I would love to make her food home made...I figure it would be pretty darn easy and probably cheap (not to mention saving the environment from all that waste-baby food jars/plastics. :) ), but the warning about Nitrates in certain foods has me worried. Also, I wanted to see what the consistency is suppose to be like before I went ahead and tried it. We'll talk to her pediatrician about it tomorrow at her 4month check up. Although I know they recommend exclusively breastfeeding until 6 months now. hmm, decisions....
Oh! cloth diapers are on hold for a while here. They have been SERIOUSLY driving me nuts! Two reasons: leaking and flexibility. Well, lack thereof. I think because Annabelle is growing in length more now, her chubby legs are getting a little bit thinner (and by thinner, I mean milometers, nott inches ;)), so the diapers are just a tad too big. I had 5 leak in one day before I decided I was over them (for now). The second, and I feel even more strongly about this, is that they're so oddly shaped and tight around her waist (which they have to be in order to hold everything in) that she's not really able to sit up very well in them. That was fine before, because she was mostly laying down. Now she is learning to sit up, and those diapers are getting in the way :( So ya......back to disposables for a while.
First mothers day was awesome! Thankful for such a sweet husband :)
Had a long conversation the other night with Sean. Prayed for self-control, wisdom, direction, perspective and the right words (none of which come naturally to me when I'm upset about something), and the Lord REALLY guided our conversation. It was awesome. I feel SO good about it and, although I have a lot of work to do, I like where He is leading our marriage.
I'm also reading a few marriage books right now. Just to clarify, there's nothing wrong with our marriage, I just feel like we have done no work on it in the last year. There's always room for improvement, right? :)
Random fact: I LOVE bath and body works wall flowers SO much! I ran our of scents a few months ago and have been meaning to go get some more. I finally did and I didn't even realize HOW MUCH I missed them! lol Our house smells SOOOOO good now!
Okie dokie....more to come. Just wanted to get those few (few? seriously....I write so much..and I know I totally ramble, sorry!) things out for now.
Peace and love! <3
Note: Posts I need to write
-Mother's day
-Oregon trip
-4 months old baby
-Moving
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment