very very very part-time business....hmm, I'm thinking about it.
I made a "Home is where the Air Force sends us" sign for Megan's birthday in November, and then an Army wife friend of mine asked if she could buy one from me, so I made her one. Now, I'm working on Sadie's "rustic" AF sign (turning out really well too!!), and then I want to make one for us (but I've been putting it off because I'm not sure exactly how I want it).
Anyway, my Army wife friend referred several of her friends to me for one as well! Great! I enjoy making them, but they are very time-consuming, and do cost a bit to get all of the supplies, so I charged them a reasonable amount (I think). I also made a little "order form" since they are totally custom, and sent my first paypal invoice! I don't know if I will go anywhere with this, but I could definitely appreciate it adding a little $$ to my camera fund :) I'll be about 1/2 of the way to my goal for my DSLR camera, after these three orders are complete. Woot! Only need to make and sell about 15 more lol
The only thing that really keeps me from diving in to this as a very very part-time "business" is my time. I have very limited time during the day to do projects like this (aka. naptimes, which are still pretty irregular), and I considered a babysitter, which would be especially easy during the summer, but then I would have to pay them, and I'm not making enough profit off of these signs to afford it..... soooooooo for now I'll just make signs for friends, and friends of friends, and charge the same amount to everyone.
Besides the gifted signs of course :)
Anywhooo, I'll post pics of the Snow's sign soon! I plan to have it finished by next Tuesday. I know it's turning out well so far because Sean walked over to the table where the boards are laying and said, "what's up with these old looking boards" which is exactly what I'm going for. hehe
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment