Sunday, May 19, 2013

Annabelle says...

Annabelle's vocabulary is quickly expanding!
I read in What to Expect the Toddler Year's, for 16 months, that "your baby should be saying 6 words". Or something crazy like that. I know every child is different. But Annabelle has been "talking" for moooonths, so 6 words just made me chuckle. She mimics everything we say, she babbles, and we're pretty sure she speaks either Russian or Chinese. I hope that latter, because that could probably be pretty helpful. ;)

The WAY she says things is so cute. Sometimes she speaks with a growl, and sometimes she speaks in a really high soft voice. haha Her fluctuations are random, and sometimes really silly to us.

Lately, she's even been putting together "sentences" like, "mama, dada", "baby shhh", and "doggie night night". The favorite by far is, "eye ya ya" for I love you. *heartmelted* It just amazes me! It also has me really excited. Although, most seasoned parents warn me how I won't enjoy "MOM MOM MOM!", "why?" and backtalking all the time. At this point, I disagree. She often gets frustrated that we can't understand what she's saying. I mean, she IS saying something. We just don't know what it is all of the time. Understanding her will help with some tantrums I believe.

Anyway....

Some of the recognizable words she says are:


Dog – Dah da, or Daw (this was her first word at 8 months!)
Mom – mama
Dad – dada
Baby – beh-bee
Annabelle – Ah-bey, or ah-ba-ba, sometimes Be-ye
Dolly - dah-yee
Apple – ah-ple
Applesauce – ah-ple-loo-die
Potty – pah-ye
Diaper – dy-er
Nom Nom – for food
Bottle – bah-yel
Animal sounds: elephant, horse, cat, sheep, cow, chicken, pig
Up – up!
All done – ah-dah
Please – pease
Thank you – sign/ blow kiss J
Bug – bah
Ew – when you see a bug, or touch something you don’t like
No
Yes – nod, sometimes say “yyyets”
Eye – eye
Nose – noh
Flower – wower
Hi – Hi
Bye bye – Buh bye
Bow – Bow
Penny - Pa

More recently, Elmo, Dora, backpack, map (thank you Dora), choo-choo for train, where ("whey"),. I can also recognize when she says "fall down", "ouch", "boom", and several others. I'm not sure those would be recognized by many though ;)


UPDATE: Just two and a half weeks later, it seems her vocabulary has changed SO much already! I can't really even put a finger on all the words she said, but basically she just repeats about 60% of what we say! "shoes", "hot dog", "fire truck".....it's all baby talk (most of the words she repeats don't quite sound like the real word), but she's talking! A LOT! :) How fun!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment