Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pregnancy update

I decided I'm not going to stress about updating my blog every week (or 2 weeks) with pregnancy updates. Just whenever I feel like it. I want to "journal it", so that I have it for myself, but I don't want it to become a headache. I think that's a good decision. :)

Week 10...or 11- Not exactly sure. The doctor didn't change my due date (December 8th) after the U/S tech said baby was measuring a week smaller (December 16th due date). So I'm 10 or 11 weeks pregnant now. I'm pretty much going with 11. Plus, is it really possible that I got a positive pregnancy test at 3 weeks? I don't believe it is. So, 11 weeks.

At 9 weeks, I went in for my first doctor's appointment. Met Dr. Middleton, and pretty much the entire staff there. I had forgotten how many different people you have to see each visit. Front desk ladies (I don't mean to discriminate with that description, but they have always been ladies for me ;)), stat takers (the ones who tell you how fat you're getting, and how high your blood pressure is), "education" nurse (that was a new one for me....but she was nice), Ultra sound technician (sort of a tweaker), blood taker (lady moved the needle ALL over the place, which left me with a HUGE bruise that is just now going away), and finally, doctor. The appointment went well. I did feel like I was waiting a long time for the doc every time he left the room, and like I said the u/s tech was a bit of a tweaker, but overall, it went well. I like Dr. Middleton. He seems pretty down to earth, and agreed that I'm not sick, I'm pregnant; that growing a person isn't an illness. He also seemed open to my natural birthing plan, and informed me that Flower's hospital has Midwives! Cool!

When I got home, I had my friend Chantal come take some photos of me so I could announce on Facebook! I had already told all of our families, and most of my close friends, just need to make it "facebook official" as my good friend Kayla says. Sean was still not getting home until after 8pm, so I needed someone to get the photos during the day! Chantal was nice enough to come over to help. I chose this spot in our backyard at 6 weeks just because it was the only well lit spot at the time. It's not the best spot, but it'll do. At least I can keep it consistent. So, ignore the shadows, and fence, and focus on the amazing consistency ;) See those photos here

Thinking I will try to update at least once a month :)






1 comment: