I'm taking a break from one of my last labs to complain about it. :)
Not the assignment specifically, but the fact that I didn't look at it sooner! It would have been SO easy if I had opened it a month ago and started working on it! Let me explain...most of my labs, since they're online, are just worksheets or programs online (which is kind of frustrating since I've had no luck with downloading the software for them...but that's a different story). Well, this specific lab is a Moon Observation Lab. Yes, that's what it's called, and I should have assumed that I would need to do some observing (duh!), but I just figured it would be observing an image or something online, like the REST of them! Noooooo, for this lab I'm actually suppose to observe the moon for several weeks and keep a journal of it, including images (photographs accepted!). Well, I didn't observe the Moon, minus last night, when I finally opened the assignment and realized what I needed to do! ERG! So now I'm having to look up the moon phases, distance in the sky, weather/cloud cover, stars, etc, for the last few weeks online and DRAW pictures of them! :( Snapping some photos would have been SO much easier.Boo.
In case you were wondering, there will be a full moon this Saturday and a Lunar Eclipse, which we won't be able to see....sweet. I found the zodiac sign for it interesting though:
"When the Moon is in Gemini the fast change of moods, flexibility, sociability, activity are characteristic. The speed of thought, vanity, desire to make many things at once increase.
The emotions in these days are very changeable.
In this period it's good to occupy yourself with intellectual work, searching, accumulation and processing of information, short trips, negotiations.
Short-term deals can be made, you can also buy books, newspapers, magazines, and also all kind of paraphernalia, which won’t be used for long time in the future.
It's useful to make all kind of physical exercise for the flexibility of the shoulders, arms, especially outdoors in fresh air.
Now it's the time to discuss the family relationships, to write letters to the relatives. You would relax and enjoy yourself best in the company of some friends.
In the body the metabolism and breathing are activated. Surgical intervention is not recommended in the area of shoulders, arms, wrists, lungs, bronchi. Avoid unventilated, dirty rooms."
Hope no one has to have arm surgery this weekend?? And I'm glad I already have plans to spend some time with friends, be outside and avoid dirty rooms. :)
I have to skip one of the labs I was suppose to do since it included visiting an observation sight...like going to a place with a telescope or something? The professor gives places in Atlanta. That's lame. This is an online class and we're required to GO somewhere for an assignment!? whatever.
My last lab is a Movie Review, which I put off because it sounded easy...and it is. But it's kind of ridiculous if you ask me. A 3 page paper on a movie that somehow relates to astronomy (Star Wars, Apollo 13, and Armageddon are all on the approved list! lol) It would be great if I could relax and watch one of those and then write about it, but I don't have time....so I'm just going to go from memory. Should be interesting. But seriously, what a waste of time. Clearly, this has no academic value whatsoever. It sounds like a middle school assignment. meh....why am I complaining about how easy it is?? lol
Alrighty, back to work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

you should have you used my pic of the moon. ;)
ReplyDeleteI thought about asking if any photographers had pics of the moon...but it had to be daily for several weeks! lol
ReplyDelete