Saturday, December 31, 2011

Week 38

I am a cleaning maniac! I've heard this happens :) I tore down all of the Christmas decorations on December 27th, and literally spent several hours in the living room cleaning it! I just felt like everything was so dirty :/ Anyway, now that the ceiling fan, blinds, walls, shelves, lamps and all other surfaces have been cleaned, the couch has been vacuumed, and the carpet is ready for shampooing I feel MUCH much better :)

However, this belly is sort of keeping me from doing too much (which is good, I guess). I have a huge list on the fridge of things I want cleaned/done before baby gets here. Sean has started helping me go through the list and accomplish things....they are random things I think about like pulling out the stove and cleaning behind it, or scrubbing the toaster oven. I don't know....I just see every spec of dirt, so it's hard to not want to clean it ALL! Glad he is humoring me. And there's nothing wrong with deep cleaning the house anyway :)

Had another weekly appointment. This time with Ms. Judy (another midwife). Everything looks great still, although she did comment on my weekly weight gain :/ I blamed it on the cookies! haha Anyway, she said she would check me next week to see if there's any progress! EEk! That makes me nervous, but excited.


Update from babycenter:
Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.
Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)

1 comment:

  1. Let me know if you need me to come help you guys clean every speck of dirt!! Can't wait to see if you're dilated or effaced at all!!

    ReplyDelete