The whole family did our first "fun run" 5k here at Fort Rucker, today! :)
We were on a team of 8, and I won't even mention our real name...but I called us "Team Moore". Anywhoo...
Aaron and Sean dressed as Banana's, and Katherine, Annabelle, and myself were dressed in pumpkin attire. I ordered Annabelle's shirt in September from Loopsy Lu's Botique (a little shop owned by my former boss in GA), and I made her a tutu and bow (which she refused to wear). Katherine and I made shirts, and let's just say our shirt making abilities aren't so great! I thought hers was super cute though. Except her 4-year-old daughter told her that her "strawberry" looked good on her shirt! haha
I wanted to stop and die after a few of the big hills, but Katherine pushed me to keep going - She even pushed Annabelle up one of the last hills! What a great running buddy and friend :) We walked for maybe 50yds up the very last hill, and then finished strong! I think our time was right around 30minutes, but I'll have to wait for the results to find out for sure. Our sweet banana husband's jogged back to meet and finish with us :)
** Update** Results in: I ran it in 32:19, and Sean in 26:03! Sean was obviously running slow, but my time was pretty good (for me)! Katherine finished right in front of me and Aaron, Sean. Cheryl finished not far behind them! She's obviously an ACTUAL runner! Eric finished 14th overall (btw, I finished 11th in my age group ;) ) with 20:01, and Mark finished at about 23mins. Pretty decent team we have for a bunch of "non-runners", +bananas ;)
Our team got 5th overall!! Pretty impressive for a couple of banana's and pumpkins ;)
It was really fun and I'm looking forward to the next one - which, I think, is the Thanksgiving Turkey Trot!
| what a helpful banana |
| Heading to the costume contest |
| Annabelle's sizing up our competition |
| WHOA there's a banana in my face! |
| ohh! it's just daddy :) |
| the guys....not sure why all of their eyes are shut lol |
| our team! Eric, Justin, Mark, Cheryl, Aaron, Katherine, me, Sean and Annabelle! :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment