Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tot School - Day 2


Tot School - Day 2
Letter: A
Word: Alligator

Today was our busy day. Tuesday mornings we have Bible Study from 9-11:30! So, there's not much time for Tot School. I was actually expecting to just put it off until the afternoon since we come home just in time for lunch. But when we got home, she didn't seem hungry, so I just pulled out some paper, and she got excited :) 

I cut out an "A" (I really wasn't too prepared today), and some teeth and eyes, and let her "decorate" the A and paste on the eyes! Then we talked about "Alligator" and she said it surprisingly well (sort of like, "ada-geh-der"). I turned on the Alligator song, and was SO excited for her to hear it....she hated it. hah! She kept saying, "Apple? apple?". Apparently she just wanted to see the Apple song again. So, that's what we watched. 

I didn't take a photo while she was making the Alligator, but here is an out of focus, upside shot of it ;) 


Then she decorated an alligator coloring sheet, as we discussed "A says 'ah' as in Alligator". We used a lot of green today, but I decided not to really talk about it. She never mentioned a color, so I didn't either. 


Daddy was home today too! 



After we were finished, and the alligator creations were hanging on our Art Wall, we went over our "A", Apple, and Red (circle) flash cards briefly. 

At that point she lost interest, so we moved on to lunch :) 

Our Tot School today lasted about 20 minutes. 


Tomorrow is....Ant! And we'll look at the other shapes in red. 




No comments:

Post a Comment