Sunday, September 1, 2013

Room Makeover (in progress) - Entryway

Fiiiiiiiinally got around to this project. Definitely wouldn't have completed it without the hubby's help. So a big shout out to him joining in on the fun ;)



I've been wanting to do something with our entryway since we moved in. It's always been kind of....whatever. I guess it doesn't need to be anything special, but I would like the first room I walk into to feel like home, and ours wasn't.

Our front porch

my "spring" wreath came back out to match the flowers on the walkway

planted these knockout roses almost a exactly a year ago! Now, they are probably 3 feet tall, and 3 feet wide, and nearly out of control. They've been blooming all summer!






First, I found this chair at a antique store a few months ago, and had to grab it. At $18, it wasn't a super fantastic great deal, but c'mon....look at the color! A perfect match (and no work to be done on my part!).


Then, I found this table on a local classifieds page a while back for $20. It had been sitting on their porch, and was really dirty and dingy, but hubby sanded it down, and we got it looking nice (after 2 coats of primer, a coat of paint, some sanding, too much sanding, and then some more paint and sanding)! We had to buy the paint for this project since I was out of an "off white" color.
The Mirror I picked up at a little thrift store in town for $7. It was bright red, but I saw potential. It's actually not distressed yet, like I had planned, but it looks nice up there. The wreath from Wally World for $2.50, and the burlap I had. The cute little frame I had in our bathroom was empty for months, so it found a nice little home here, and the printable inside was FREE! Everything else was already there...











So, an entire (almost) entryway makeover for $57.50! Score! 

I'm holding out on a rug, because I feel like I'm going to run into the perfect one on sale at TJMaxx eventually, and I have a couple other additions I want to add, but will probably wait on those, and again, paint, until the move. 

No comments:

Post a Comment