Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Tot School - Day 3



Tot School - Day 3
Letter: A
Color: Red
Word: Ant

Today we reviewed Apple, Alligator, "A" and red, and then talked about the word Ant! 

Me: "A is for Ant. Like the little fire ants that crawl around in the anthills outside"
AB: "ewwww. buggoo."
Me: "ya, ants are bugs!"
AB: "itch" scratches foot. 
The poor girl has been bit by so many fire ants this summer, she knew exactly what we were talking about! hah

We played a game with the flashcards. I spread them out and asked her to point to or pick up certain ones. She did really well! Got the triangle and square confused a couple times, but hey....we're only on week one ;)









We created a piece of Ant artwork with ants crawling up and down, and all around, the capital letter "A" (which I drew in about .5 seconds). I only had black puffy paint, no child "safe" paint, so we did this very quickly, and then washed off the paint from our hands. But since I knew that wouldn't cut it, I dumped some blue and red paint on a yellow piece of paper, and just letter have at it. She enjoys painting, and our ant artwork was....well, pretty lame. So, whatever. This was messy and fun! She even got to use a paintbrush, which she enjoyed!



We sang The Ants Go Marching On. Buuuut, I couldn't remember all the words, so we just started singing the Alphabet instead. haha! 

One thing I forgot to mention yesterday was the bears. I introduced our red cup of sorting bears, and she had a grand time lining them up on the window sill, transferring them from cup to basket and back & forth, and she even went into the kitchen and grabbed a bunch of large mixing bowls, and a strainer to add to the transferring fun (they all happen to be red too!). 
Today, I brought out the blue bears and cup too. I dumped them on the table and sort of mixed them around. I was about to tell her that "these are blue bears, and this is the blue cup. These are red bears and this is the red cup. lets sort the bears into their cups" when she started sorting them automatically. Have I mentioned she's a tad OCD? "Blue and red bears mixed together?! It mustn't be! Sort! pronto!" Just like her daddy...







Then we had Ants on a log for snack. I smeared some p'butter on a few celery sticks, and then showed her how the ants (raisens) crawl onto the log. Except......Annabelle doesn't like peanut butter. Or celery. Soooo, she made about one ant crawl up on a log, and then said, "ew" to the peanut butter, and picked off the rest of the ants and ate those alone. hah! oh well :) I enjoyed her leftovers.  



Tomorrow is another busy day, but we'll try to find a time to squeeze in some learning about the word Acorn! We even found a tree, on one of our recent neighborhood walks, that is dropping them! So we'll go explore those for sure :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment