Friday, September 13, 2013

Tot School - Day 5


Tot School - Day 5
Letter: A
Color: Red
Word (s): Apple, Alligator, Ant, Acorn and Annabelle!

To wrap up our first week of tot school, we reviewed our color (which unfortunately she still usually calls "yallow"), letter, and words we had learned so far, and I wrote her name on the board and underlined both "A's" in it! I also drew some awful looking chalk images of our words and, as requested, a circle. ;) 




While she played with her lacing beads, I made some red playdough (I meant to do that before the week started...oops!). In case you didn't catch the post with the playdough recipe I use, here it is. It's seriously so easy and quick! And safe for kids to eat (if they happen to)! I highly recommend making your own instead of buying it :)








 For our play dough activity, I gathered a few of our objects from this week; an ant (which she clearly names now!), an "A" block, some red bears, a handful of her acorns, and a pine cone (just because). She had a blast! Painting and art activities are fun, but play dough.... PLAY DOUGH is where it's at for this girl ;) 



Then, she got to play with the pipe cleaners, and a strainer. She was much more into the short ones that she could drop in, pick up strainer, and repeat, as opposed to bending and manipulating the long ones. 



After this, we headed to the lake for the rest of the morning! We played with a few friends at the park, and ended up in the sand and water. The water is gross, and warm (still!), but she had fun. She was, once again, a little too adventerous, and would just keep walking out as far as I'd let her go. But it was a good time :) Did I mention I'm ready for cooler weather, though? Ya...seriously. 93 degrees is just getting old. It's almost fall! We'd super duper appreciate at least a cool morning to enjoy. But until then - "then" being November probably...hah - we'll enjoy cooling down in other ways as much as possible. Also, both of our friends we played with today will be moving in the next 6 weeks! 
Photo taken by Chantal, Penny's mom

Photo taken by Chantal, Penny's mom
 






2 comments:

  1. Penny has issue with the strainer and pip cleaners too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya! They bend and it's challenging!! Maybe a little older tot could handle it better :) She still tries, but it's an easily frustrating activity, and frankly, not that important in my book ;)

      Delete