I've done a decent job writing down Annabelle's words and phrases as her vocabulary and speech unfolds. It was easy at first. She was just saying 1 word at a time, I wrote about that here, Annabelle Says. I know some babies don't really start saying words, or talking for much longer, and I think that's perfectly normal too, but I think we knew pretty early on she would be an early talker. She said her first word, dog ("dah") at 6 months old! And then quickly started saying "dada" and "mama" after that. Speaking of that, she recently just decided to start calling us "daddy" and "mommy" or sometimes even "dad" or "mom". She definitely has a mind of her own ;) I just always found her new found words fascinating, and wanted to keep a "journal" of them. By journal I of course mean blog, facebook, iphone "note", etc (reallllly would love to have an actual paper, hand written journal, but life moves so fast!). Anywho.....
Sometimes we still have no idea what she's saying, and her "sentences" are pure gibberish. Those are sometimes the best though ;) She'll look at us, all seriously, and say something like, "gah ba do bah gah?" Like it's the most important question she's asking all day. She rarely expects a response when she speaks gibberish, which is great, because we would really have a hard time pleasing her with one, I'm sure. If she is persistent, and expecting a response (which is very obvious), then we try our best to figure out what she's saying, and usually ask her to "show us" or just tell her "I'm not quite sure what that means sweetheart".
Today, I was just blown away. In the last month she's started putting words together a lot more often. The last week especially. The list includes:
"Find it!" for found it
"Happy day" or "boot day" for happy birthday
"yuv yoo" or "wuv woo" for I love you
"help me"
"dey is" for there it is
"tink too" for thank you, which she says politely quite often without us reminding her
"teabull" for table, and "sheet" for seat
"dis" for this
"peepboo" for peekaboo
"dock" for dark
"okay" and I WISH I could type out how she really says that one because it is the cutest! I need to get it on video for sure :)
"see you" or "slayter" for see you later
"Penny" and "Michael" her bff's
also...."foon" for phone and "ahpad" for iPad (which makes her sound really country haha)
Today, she said several 3 syllable words, sentences, and phrases totally unpromted, and it took me by surprise. The ones I wrote down were:
"hey! whey ah you?" or "whey go?"
"banana" very clearly
"mommy! hello!" when I walked in the room after my nap
"Okay. bye bye. Tink too. see you" after
taking her to the wrong nursery room, they told me where to go, and I
told her, "alright let's go" she looked to them and said that. :)
Finally while daddy and her were on a walk, he said she made up a game where they'd stop, she would count, "one, two," and then "RUN!" and they'd start running....then repeat it. She totally came up with it on her own, and directed the whole thing. How funny!
After all her speaking today, it was her listening/direction following tonight that really blew me away. Yes, I think my kid is super smart. Sure your kid may do this all the time. You should be impressed too. I've known 3 and 4 year olds who can't follow directions this well...
This is what I posted on facebook:
"I
promise ill stop sharing stories/bragging, buuuuut one more for the
night- I was in the kitchen doing something, and told Annabelle to go to
the bathroom, move the bench to the sink and wash her hands (she can't
actually reach the faucet yet). She said, "okay!" And hurried off. I
didn't think she'd even end up in the bathroom, but I went in and there
she was with the bench at the sink, dangling her dirty little hands
inside pretending to wash. What?! I am truly just amazed by her
sometimes. She is very smart and becoming a very good listener!"
Usually when she listens/obeys, I try not to make a huge deal out of it, but I do acknowledge it. Like, when I tell her to go sit in her seat, and she does, I say "thank you for listening" or "good job going to your seat like mommy said". But tonight was a little different. I literally gushed over how amazing I thought she was HAH! I was like, "Annabelle! oh my goodness! mommy is so proud that you listened so well, and got the bench to the sink! WOW! What a good girl"
Seriously...maybe a little much, but I couldn't help it. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment