Friday, March 4, 2011

Thinking about what you EAT and being HEALTHY

I really like this. One of my students dad's posted this on his facebook today. He has decided to stop eating beef, and it was interesting to see everyone's negative comments about it.


http://www.forksoverknives.com/

In the past year I have had my ups and downs with trying to eat healthy. But over the last few months, I have been doing a really good job. It's true that you can acquire a taste for vegetables. It's true that potato chips and coke (or things like that) are not as appetizing when you think about what you are putting into your body.

Check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPCx9J6tROk

This might make you gag a little, but this is why I stopped eating Chicken nuggets:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEMbWn6ClxM&NR=1

Dieting is one thing (and I'm not so much into that for me).....but simply thinking about what you eat, limiting portion size, and developing a taste for foods like veggies and whole wheat can really go a long way to being healthy :)

I know probably the biggest reason I am able to make healthy food choices relatively easy is because of how I was raised. My parents raised me with a very healthy diet. I remember my momma cooking a lot of chicken breast, rice, and veggies; mashed potatoes, meat and veggies; fruit for dessert; milk or water for a drink, and we always had skim; and we always ate whole wheat bread. Thankfully, Sean was raised the same way, so it's not hard for either of us to make healthy choices (unfortunately, he loves red meat lol but I don't think he has a problem going without it for a week or so). We are blessed to have such awesome parents......and I realize it more every day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment