Well, not knowing what's going to happen in the next year, I did a little further exploring. If everything goes through with Sean's re-enlistment, WOCS and Flight school, we should be living at Ft. Rucker for 40 weeks in the next year or two. So, I decided to look at their housing because I wouldn't really want to live off post in Dothan, Enterprise or Ozark, Alabama! But we'll see. I've never been there, so who knows. I do know this...Ft. Rucker is 2.5 hours away from Panama City Beach, 2.5 hours away from Wetumpka (we have friends of the family there) and 4.5 hours away from McDonough. I know that Troy University is close (and on post), Birmingham is close and Pensacola is close. lol Not that there is anything real exciting about those places. But...PANAMA CITY! Along with the entire Gulf! That part is exciting. Two and a half hours away from the beach is EASY. That's like an every other weekend trip lol
Anyway...
We're not going to find a house on an Army base that's as great as our house off post now. Not that our house now is amazing, but it fits us perfectly! Even if we had a child right now, it would still be the perfect size. Three bedrooms (huge master bedroom and closet!), spacious living room, big kitchen, two car garage, BIG fenced in backyard, great neighborhood and lots of space between houses.
Houses on Ft. Rucker:
Possible House (Newly renovated):
http://tour.circlepix.com/tour.htm?id=586794&refurl=ruckerpicerne.com
Not sure if we could get into this, but it's really pretty:
http://tour.circlepix.com/tour.htm?id=740036&refurl=ruckerpicerne.com
This is a classic, that I think is more like something we would be put in:
http://tour.circlepix.com/tour.htm?id=740038&refurl=ruckerpicerne.com
We wouldn't be considered for this house (4 bedrooms) unless we could pop out a few kids in the next year. lol But I like the kitchen and yard:
http://tour.circlepix.com/tour.htm?id=586797&refurl=ruckerpicerne.com
Well, I'd love to hear more about the area because I also found this off-post house. Which is really nice and has a nice fenced in yard (but even if we find a place like this when the time comes, we'll probably just live on post for the sake of safety, convenience and community):
http://dothan.craigslist.org/apa/1622432507.html
FYI: We are in the Army. Plans will possibly/most likely change...especially with third Army. Who knows what kind of wild hoops Sean will have to go through to get through this training. But, it's what he wants to do, so maybe it really will work out.!?. Hopefully. I like the idea of staying in the South rather than moving to the North (like MD, or DC) or somewhere overseas.
Who knows!? Maybe if this all works out, we can have a baby!? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment