Monday, September 19, 2011

Grandparents Boards

I had this great idea to tell our parents the sex of the baby the first time we went to find out...I was going to be all creative and surprise them...Jaimie was going to help me and it was going to be awesome! lol Well, that didn't work out. But, I did make these awesome Grandparent framed cork boards for each of their offices or desks (or wherever really :) and surprised them with those.

Not that I hadn't seen similar ideas before, but I was reminded on Pinterest and newly inspired :) Originally, I pinned this photo because I wanted to figure out how to make the flower push pins, which I did a while back. The grandparent's frames just kind of popped into my head one day, so I looked back at this.

The link to the blog: Pottery Barn-ish desktop cork board

Mine ended up being a little more complicated to make because I wanted to use this super thin cork board (almost paper) that I had. So I ended up having to cut out pieced of foam, well I used a thick poster board I got at Michaels for $1, and attaching the cork to that. Since the poster board was so thick, I wasn't really able to attach the back properly, so i just got glued it down. I wish my staple gun was working so I could have re-enforced it, but I'm sure the amount of glue I used will hold 'em! :)

Frames bought 50% off at Michaels, removed glass, cardboard and random family photo :)

cut posterboard

Slice'd the words - Purchased this "Family" Slice card when they were on sale a while back

Cut ribbon, glued to cork, glued cork to posterboard, added word

The final products:



No comments:

Post a Comment