This week I was on Shaw quite a bit. We had our Labor and Delivery classes on Monday and Wednesday with Mrs. Michelle, same lady who taught our newborn care class a few weeks back. It was a small class, just one other couple, but we got some good info :) Basically, now we know what to expect...IN DETAIL. I am trying to remember a few terms so that I can throw them out there and maybe keep the nurses on their feet. I'm really glad Sean was able to go with me to both classes. I can't even tell you how thankful I am for the timing with this baby (and she was definitely not planned)!
On Monday night I attended the Enlisted Spouses Club (ESC, can't remember if I wrote about it before) ice cream social and joined the club. I met a few ladies their and saw some familiar faces. I look forward to more of those socials and meetings....I really lack social interaction on a day-to-day basis with not working and taking online classes, so it's a good outlet. Plus, these Air Force ladies seem to be much more similar to my age, status and idk...."style" I guess.
On that note, I also attended my first FRG meeting this week. Now I know why I was warned (thank you Amy O) not to go. All I'm going to say is I felt completely out of place. Not necessarily inferior to anyone..although I am pretty sure I was the only enlisted spouse there, and if there were others they were at least E-7, and I was sitting at a table with the General's wife. So.....ya, I could have felt inferior to them, but that wasn't really the vibe I got. It was more like I just didn't live their way of life...I don't know. REally hard to explain. Kristin asked me a couple times why I didn't like it, and I have a hard time putting a finger on it. Maybe it's because it was a meeting and not a social, maybe because they've all been doing this for ten+ years, or maybe because the majority of them are older than me. Whatever the case, I wasn't a huge fan. BUT, again I need the social interaction and it's good to be involved, so I volunteered to help at the bake sale next week (and I'm PRETTY excited to try out a few deliciously unhealthy recipes!), and to be on a decorating and arts & crafts committee for the Holiday party. Also, the leader is a pretty neat lady, and I'd like to support her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment