Monday, September 5, 2011

Week 21

 BUSY WEEK!


Saturday we got to enjoy the company of our friends at the ESC pool party. ESC is the Enlisted Spouses Club here at Shaw, and Kristin and Megan are on the board, so I'm all for getting involved! They took the summer off, so I haven't been to any meetings or socials yet... this was my first event! We started noticing the amount of flies/gnats tonight! yeeks..

I spent several hours cleaning the garage this week! We hadn't unpacked any of the garage boxes (tools, etc) or broken down the rest of the emptied boxes. I probably did a little more than I should have, but I just couldn't stop! It needed to be done, and I was feeling so good while doing it. I got ALL of the boxes unpacked, broken down, and besides the ones we are planning to keep, put in my car to take to the recycling center. I got everything (that I could move) organized and put away, and threw out a lot of trash. The only thing I wasn't able to do was move Sean's gear or put boxes in the attic. I mean, literally, I couldn't even move his rucksack more than 2 feet....that thing weighs a TON! Anyway, I am very pleased. One side of our garage is covered in pegboard, so we need to get a few hooks for some of the items to hang, and THEN it will be complete :)


I got the guest bedding in from Overstock.com and made it. I love it! We don't have a box spring on this bed, so the skirt looks a little funny.

I also got the linen closet organized...finally! Which meant unpack the last few boxes in the baby room/office. Which means.......ZERO boxes in our house AT LASSSSSST! :)


We also started off Sean's birthday week right away! I had a lot planned for him, so I figured we should spread it out a little and celebrate all week. :) I wrapped all of his presents separately and he got to open one every day. I got him a lot of shirts because he outgrew most of his old ones (some of which he has had for yeaaaars) and he actually asked for clothes, so I definitely took advantage of that! It was a fun way to celebrate each day for the whole week! I think I may have enjoyed it even more than him. hahaha We decided we need to sing a birthday song every day too. It changed every time, and was never very good, but still...it was fun :) On Friday the surprises started!


First, Alex came down from DC!!! Sean was totally not expecting it, and was really excited. Then, I had to give him his final gift to let him know what they were going to be doing this weekend; golfing! I got him a set of left handed golf clubs from a craigslister in Atlanta (and yes, Ive had them hidden since then and actually managed to keep him from seeing them!). We went out to a Thai/Sushi place, that Sean has been wanting to try, for lunch and then the boys went out for the night while I did some homework.

Saturday was the big surprise party day! I sent them golfing and got all ready for the party. Alex took some pics, but only posted one with Sean's pants down lol (a consequence for not hitting the ball far enough i guess?? idk...it's a guy thing...shenanigans) I'll get the others from him eventually. I really should have given myself more time to prepare, because I was a little rushed, and kind of forgot a couple things (like propane for the grill!!). Thankfully, Chad and Mercedes ran a few errands for me before they came early to help with the grilling (since I've never used it before lol). Sean got home and was totally surprised by everyone being there...It was great!! :) We had a little mishap with the grill not working (due to a faulty propane tank), and dinner being delayed, but overall it was a great party and a great time!! He is 25 years old. Wow...time has flown. We've known each other for 10 years now! I love my husband so much. He's absolutely my BEST friend and I honestly couldn't imagine life without him. I sure am blessed!




The last project I started this week was making the shelves for our living room! I’ll blog more about those later :) They’re turning out awesome! Sean did most of the drilling and nailing, but it is definitely something I could do.


Baby and mommy updates:


-Rolly polly baby! This little child is moving like crazy!! I just lay and watch sometimes for an hour...it's pretty weird and neat. You can clearly see the kicks and punches, and watch him or her roll

-total, I have gained about 11 lbs so far (well, it's hard to measure...our scale is off by about 5lbs).

-We haven't given much more thought to names, but Annabelle, Sean Mason, and Abigail are still the top runners for me. I also like Joseph and Jason, but we're trying to stay away from duplicating a family members name (besides Sean of course).


{from womenshealth.com}
-At 21 weeks pregnant, your baby weighs over 12.7 ounces from head to heel, and he or she is a little larger than 10.5 inches long. Your baby is comparable in length to a scallion!

Your baby's growth has slowed down somewhat, but he or she is still growing and developing at a remarkable pace. At 21 weeks pregnant, your baby's skin, organs and central nervous system are continuing to develop and mature.

Though not fully formed, your baby's digestive system is also striving to mature. The intestines are slowly starting to contract and relax. Your baby is constantly swallowing amniotic fluid, and this helps mature the digestive system.

The nerve pathways in your future child's body are beginning to mature at 21 weeks pregnant. Although your baby has little control over his or her movements this week, it won't be long now.

If you're having twins, they are starting to be more aware of the other's presence. Twins at this stage in development often try to grab or kick each other in utero. How cute is that?

At 21 weeks pregnant, your baby's nail beds have formed, and his or her little fingernails and toenails continue to grow. The nails aren't hard, which protects your baby's skin from accidental scratches

No comments:

Post a Comment