Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Birthday Austin!

Austin's birthday also fell on Thanksgiving this year.
I think it's fitting that his bday just happened to be on Thanksgiving THIS year. How can you take a single thing for granted when you think about the O'Neal's losing him?! It's a HUGE reminder to be truly thankful for the loved ones you have in your life and everyhting you have. Really, how can we let a day go by without thanking God for what we have when people we love have lost so much.
I woke up to statuses from Chris and Amy that just made me ball. Chris is deployed to Afghanistan and wished he could be with his family to comfort them. I cannot even imagine. :( I know that Austin was with all of them, even a million  miles apart.
Amy asked everyone to join her in sending three balloons to him for his 3rd birthday. I totally forgot to get some, which really made me sad. But, I was definitely thinking about him. I said a little prayer for her, Lily, Grayson, baby on the way and for Chris. Thinking about how absolutely adorable Austin was last year on his birthday just made me smile. Amy shared this picture from last year, and I watched the video on her youtube. :) I love that little man.

Happy 3rd Birthday Austin!!! We LOVE you and MISS you!!!

1 comment: