Saturday, November 26, 2011

School Frustration

I know people keep telling me "it's almost over", "you're almost done", etc....but the end of this term is proving to be VERY frustrating! First, I had this mess with my Math teacher...our final assignment was due, and I emailed her to ask a clarifying question, and she like blew up at me! The assignment didn't really give any details for formatting the paper we were to write, so I wanted to know if she wanted it in a specific format. ALSO, it was a "lesson plan paper", and her instructions didn't say if she wanted our lesson plan IN the paper, or if we were suppose to JUST explain it (without putting it in a excel/block style format), so I just wanted to ask. She went off about reading the directions, and how "as an educator, you should be able to read through everything and understand"...I mean, seriously? I DID read through everything, and I was still left with a question, so I asked. Isn't that what students are suppose to do?! Anyway, I just ended up responding with something like, "Okay, thanks. I did read through all of the assignments files and instructions, but still had a that question about the formatting. I will do my best to satisfy all of your requirements"...and wanted to add "without really knowing what it is exactly I'm suppose to do" lol

The other MAJOR frustration I have is about finals. Okay, so I am taking online classes because I had to move out of Georgia. I realize that my exams have to be proctored (unless I wanted to drive 3.5 hours back to take them on campus). I communicated that I would be taking proctored exams out of state with all 3 of my instructors at the beginning of the term. One of my four classes doesn't require an on-campus/proctored exam. I got the paperwork for my proctored exam testing site filled out, and turned in on time...the testing coordinator approved it. Well, the only problem is that there were no dates on any of the paperwork. So, I find out this week that there are only TWO days I"m allowed to take a proctored exam; Friday and Saturday. So, I communicate that with the testing center here on Shaw where I plan to take my exams. She informs me that they are not open on Saturday (not really a huge surprise), and that she will only be testing for FOUR HOURS  on Friday! I have three two hour test! I've been trying to get in touch with GPC's testing coordinator to let her know and see what I can do, but it's a holiday weekend, so I haven't been able to touch base with her. I've looked at several other schools in the area and am finding the same problem; short hours on Friday, not open Saturday. ERGGGGGG!!!!! It's REALLY starting to stress me out. As far as they're concerned, this is my problem not theirs. So, unless GPC testing coordinator will allow me to test on Thursday, or I can find another testing center that is open long enough and has room, I will receive an F on the final and either not pass one of my classes, or receive a C or D for whichever course it ends up being.

It's true, it is kind of my fault....I should have had this all figured out. But, both of my instructors waited until two weeks ago to give me dates and give me the okay to set up my exam date/time. Then, the proctor at Shaw okayed my exam dates, and it wasn't until I realized she wasn't open on Saturday that I told her I'd need to take all three on Friday, and she informed me that wouldn't work........ALGkOJPWOEJF
Anyway, it's just super frustrating and I really can't believe that GPC does Fri/Sat as their final exam days for online proctored tests!? It seems SO backwards to me. But then again....I live in South Carolina, and it's a little different here. Maybe I'd have no problem finding a place open on Saturday in GA.

I'm also REALLY behind in one of my classes, so this weekend/next week I'm going to be spending A LOT of time working on my Astronomy labs :( I won't be counted off for any.....it's a work at your own pace class, but with being out of town and so busy in the last couple weeks, it was really easy for me to put that class off completely.

*siiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

It will all work out. somehow. I just need to figure this exam stuff out quickly to put my mind at ease. But I can't do anything until Monday, which sucks. Because it's like all I can think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment