Saturday, June 4, 2011

7 weeks

May 26th, 2011 (almost caught up!)

I'm not showing yet, but my pants are getting pretty hard to button. It's SO uncomfortable. Definitely not ready to buy any maternity pants, and this is NOT the season for leggings, so Kayla and I went out today and I got a belly band! I can wear it from now until after the baby is born. It's really comfortable and I feel so much better now :)







This week I have been feeling super tired and queasy. Especially in the morning. Still no morning sickness, thank God! But, it's been hard to function. It doesn't help that school is out right now and I'm not working, so I really can just lay on the couch all day (not complaining :). I will get little spurts of energy throughout the day and will use that time to do something productive (mostly trying to get something clean!). I am hoping to get an appointment next week with my women's doctor! 

Babycenter update this week: 

How your baby's growing:


The big news this week: Hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs — although they look more like paddles at this point than the tiny, pudgy extremities you're daydreaming about holding and tickling. Technically, your baby is still considered an embryo and has something of a small tail, which is an extension of her tailbone. The tail will disappear within a few weeks, but that's the only thing getting smaller. Your baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half an inch long, about the size of a blueberry.
If you could see inside your womb, you'd spot eyelid folds partially covering her peepers, which already have some color, as well as the tip of her nose and tiny veins beneath parchment-thin skin. Both hemispheres of your baby's brain are growing, and her liver is churning out red blood cells until her bone marrow forms and takes over this role. She also has an appendix and a pancreas, which will eventually produce the hormone insulin to aid in digestion. A loop in your baby's growing intestines is bulging into her umbilical cord, which now has distinct blood vessels to carry oxygen and nutrients to and from her tiny body.



2 comments:

  1. Belly bands are life savers from what I hear! And they're kind of cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, and I can't find mine this week!! AGHH!

    ReplyDelete