Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Warrior Dash

May 15th, 2011

Even though we just found out that I'm pregnant, we headed up to the mountains anyway, but Sean ran the race for me. There were several obstacles and such and I didn't feel comfortable now that I'm creating a little mini-me! :) We got to see the end of Kristen, Megan and Nick's race, and then Sean did his. He ran it in about 21 minutes, which is really good for this kind of race. It was 3.1 miles and had 13 obstacles including MUD MUD MUD, a climbing wall, trudging through a river, jumping through tires and over cars, and jumping over fire. It was fun to watch and he enjoyed it. I saw Dr. Fallas there (saw him at my last race too) with some friends. He actually ran in the same heat as Sean. Dr. Fallas is a parent of a student I had for several years at CCS. After the race we met up with the Pratt's and Howells at a nearby mexican restaurant. It was fun meeting them and I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more of each other soon! After that, we all headed back to Sumter. It was a pretty drive...at first. We drove through the East side of the Chatahoochie National forest, but then a long drive through the country, behind SLOOOOW cars for several hours until we got there.
*all these pictures were taken on some weird setting on my phone, so they're blue , sorry 








Also, almost forgot to mention..Kristen and Megan made us all shirts. Mine, of course stayed clean :) they made all the guys red ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment