Saturday, June 4, 2011

8 Weeks



I got some energy back this week (well, by Wednesday)! I was able to thoroughly clean our bedroom and bathroom, unpack, and do a ton of laundry. Tuesday, we really needed some groceries, but I was NOT feeling up to it, so Sean went after work. He came home with these flowers for me too. :) Best husband ever!




Thursday night I couldn't sleep at all. I don't know if it was pregnancy related exactly, but my mind was just racing. This is the first time I've had trouble, so I don't know...I was thinking about WHERE we will live (having trouble finding a house), what hospital will the baby be born at, being so far away from my family when the baby is born, if/when they would be able to come out to see us, how i could get up to Oregon this fall and next spring with the baby....just a lot to think about. Honestly, I'm less worried about my ability to be a good mom, then I am everything else that surrounds adding to our family. I have an amazing mom who passed down her motherly instincts to me. I've had kind of a natural ability to connect with and care for kids since I was young. My worries come from everything else...Will I be able to keep the house clean? Can I handle the dogs? Will I be a good mommy friend (you know, to other mommies)? Will I be able to breastfeed? ETC! I know every new parent faces all sorts of fears and worries. Mine are just kind of piling up since we're moving in a few weeks, we don't know where we will be living, no clue who is a good doctor in the area, and honestly, moving outside of ATL seems a lot harder than I thought. I'm very comfortable here. It's a huge, main airport for people to fly into, I know the area and all the roads (better than some of my friends who have lived here they're whole life!), I see people in the store I know all the time, I've worked in two schools here and connected with tons of people and families,literally everything I could want or need is right down the street....it's just going to be really different when we move. *sigh* I'll just have to get used to it. But I'm not there yet.


Also, our moving to-do list just keeps getting bigger...at least we will have movers to pack everything for us! I do not feel like doing that right now. Which is kind of weird, because usually I like moving. We've lived in three different places since we got to GA. Two apartments, and this house. I enjoy the feeling of packing everything up, and getting into a clean, fresh, new place. But, this time I feel different about it. Probably because we don't have a place picked out yet....it's more stressful than exciting right now. Also, I really like this house. Minus the backyard and all the bugs, this house has been really nice. It's the perfect size for us, I have a huuuuge closet, it's in the perfect location, nice neighborhood...I'm going to miss it :(


Well! Onto my pregnancy this week!


But first, yesterday marked the day that Ft. McPherson closed down. They had a change of command ceremony (that they had been practicing for all week in the sweltering heat), as General Webster is retiring. The base closing is kind of big news, since it's been around so long. It was on the news and I'm pretty sure I spotted Sean in the front row ;) This is the new guy, on the right, General Brooks.




Okay, NOW onto the little mini Flynn.
We went to our first prenatal doctors appointment yesterday!! I chose to go to Women's Health Specialist because I know most of the doctors there. Dr. Simpson Jones (who doesn't deliver anymore), Dr. Schilling (who was Maggie and Kayla's Doctor), Dr. Tope (who delivered most of my friends babies) and Dr. McIntosh. Since this was our only visit here, because we'll be in SC in four weeks for the next appointment, it didn't really matter who we saw, but the timing was best to see Dr. McIntosh. We got our ultrasound first and heard the baby's heartbeat and saw the little tadpole! She said its heart is very strong and everything looks good! 


Then I got some tests and blood work done. I am NOT a fan of getting my blood drawn, or any needles for that matter, but this lady made me really comfortable. She used to be in the Army so her and Sean just talked about IV's and crazy stories the whole time....kind of distracting, kind of gross. They gave us a whole bag of books, magazines and samples! Then, we went to Chic-fil-a for milkshakes. Later, Sean and I went out to Truette's (again), because I was craving chicken nuggets, and a movie to celebrate :)  It was a really exciting day!








Update from baby center:
New this week: Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from your baby's hands and feet, his eyelids practically cover his eyes, breathing tubes extend from his throat to the branches of his developing lungs, and his "tail" is just about gone. In his brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways. You may be daydreaming about your baby as one sex or the other, but the external genitals still haven't developed enough to reveal whether you're having a boy or a girl. Either way, your baby — about the size of a kidney bean — is constantly moving and shifting, though you still can't feel it.



Finally, this week has been extremely hot! Every day in June so far has been above 90 degrees! It's been hard to keep the house, the dogs and ourselves cool! This is the forecast for the next five days (no better):



1 comment:

  1. Making the bullet point list again :)

    1. You will definitely find a place to live and it will be AWESOME! And it will have a fenced in yard. These things just take a little time. I have faith that it'll work out!

    2. You are hands down, going to be an amazing mom and everything will work out. If you're flying to go home, I'll totally carry everything for you to the airport and your baby will more than likely sleep soundly on the plane. Plus most airlines do a stroller check at the plane so you'll have your stroller as soon as you get off of the plane. Then someone will pick you up at the airport!! Piece of cake :)

    3. You'll be able to navigate through Sumter. It's almost impossible to get lost... And if you do happen to lose your way, thats what GPS's are for!!

    4. I'm glad your baby no longer has a tail. I will stop referring to mini flynn as a tadpole, and she will be bumped up to lima bean <3

    5. I'm dying in the heat too and I don't even have the pregnancy excuse.

    ReplyDelete