Friday, June 24, 2011

Projects

Things to make for baby as he/she grows:

Growth Chart. I really like the idea of having a growth chart of the baby as he/she grows (mostly toddler years and up obviously). We always marked ourselves as we grew on on of the doors at our house. My grandparents also marked all of the grandchildren as we grew on one of their door frames. The only problem is our children (at least this first one) will definitely not be growing up in the same house, so I want something that will move with us. So, instead of putting something up on the wall or a door frame I want to make a special growth chart/board that can be screwed into the wall and moved! This is an idea I might use from MorganBaron's Etsy:
Red and Brown Kids Growth Chart Board





Bookends. I really want to have a cute bookshelf and I found these bookends that I would like to recreate (maybe different colors etc) them for the babies room.
A to Z bookends for children library, bookshelf, Apple, Zebra
http://www.etsy.com/listing/74443774/a-to-z-bookends-for-children-library?ref=sr_gallery_11&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=bookends&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade
Or these
Bookworm Bookends perfect for any book lover
http://www.etsy.com/listing/76545347/bookworm-bookends-perfect-for-any-book?ref=sr_gallery_31&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=bookends&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade
or this
Bright red car bookend, hand painted personalized and customized to match your decor
http://www.etsy.com/listing/72210606/bright-red-car-bookend-hand-painted?ref=sr_gallery_28&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=bookends&ga_noautofacet=1&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade%2Fchildren


Letters. I have done a couple of these for other friends before. But, I haven't decided if I want to do the baby's whole name on the wall, or just a big letter on a shelf...or...something else maybe. But, I definitely want some baby name letters in the nursery (and that will grow with the room). 
I like these kind of decorated letters, BUT I almost just want to do a solid color so that I can more easily change them when the nursery becomes a "big kid" room, and beyond. 
Nursery Wall Letters Hand Painted Custom Cut Decor Wood Hanging Girls Boys Flower
http://www.etsy.com/listing/76345272/nursery-wall-letters-hand-painted-custom
I like this style of letter better
Nursery Wall Letters Hand Painted Custom Cut Decor Wood Hanging Girls Boys


This is one of the "one letter" options I was thinking of
Wall letter with name. Personalized name sign. Customize with the letter of your choice.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/64678668/wall-letter-with-name-personalized-name?ref=sr_gallery_40&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=wall+art&ga_noautofacet=1&ga_page=4&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade%2Fchildren%2Fbaby


NEW-Felt Flower Trio in Hot Pink Light Pink and Yellow on a Soft Stretch Elastic Headband-Photography Prop


I want to make this with an "F" for our home, in blue/green tones. I think it would be really cute and would look great!


No comments:

Post a Comment